Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Aerofly FS 2 and VRMotion platform - using the SDK...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I saw that. Looks kind of bone-rattling........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Would definitely like to try that!  Looks like fun.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Could you please tell us how to set Aerofly FS2 so it will drive the three monitors? I don't yet see how to do that.

Thanks much

Dave W.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Could you please tell us how to set Aerofly FS2 so it will drive the three monitors? I don't yet see how to do that.

Thanks much

Dave W.

Aerofly FS 2 triple monitor setup: 

Properly setting up your computer and Aerofly FS 2 if you intend to use 3 monitors is important for Aerofly to look right and perform well.

If you have 3 monitors connected, and you are using a NVIDIA graphic card, the first thing you should do is enable the NVIDIA Surround mode in the NVIDIA control panel. This way Aerofly FS 2 will recognize all 3 monitors as a single monitor and allow to properly switch to fullscreen mode. So if you have 3 monitors with a resolution of 1920x1080, you will see a new fullscreen mode in Aerofly FS 2 with a resolution of 5760x1080, after activating NVIDIA Surround.

If you want more fine grained control of what each monitor displays, you need to manually edit the Aerofly FS 2 configuration file called 'main.mcf'. main.mcf is located in the folder 'Documents/Aerofly FS 2/'. You can open it with a simple text editor like notepad.

Look for the lines

<[list_tmsettings_separate_3d_view][separate_3d_view_list][]

>

Aerofly FS 2 allows you to render a complete view of the simulator to separate parts of the window. So in case of a 3 monitor setup, we want each monitor to receive its own view. If all monitors have the same resolution, insert the following lines between the above two lines:

<[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][0]

<[float64][x][0]>

<[float64][y][0]>

<[float64][w][0.333333]>

<[float64][h][1]>

<[float64][field_of_view_factor][1]>

<[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][-90]>

<[float64][is_main][0]>

>

<[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][1]

<[float64][x][0.333333]>

<[float64][y][0]>

<[float64][w][0.333333]>

<[float64][h][1]>

<[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][0]>

>

<[tmsettings_separate_3d_view][element][2]

<[float64][x][0.666666]>

<[float64][y][0]>

<[float64][w][0.333333]>

<[float64][h][1]>

<[float64][z_axis_offset_in_degree][90]>

>

Each field should be self explanatory. However here is a small overview:

• The x and y fields specify the position of your sub window.
  • The w and h fields tell Aerofly the width and height of the sub window. In our case 0.33333 is 1/3 of the whole window.
  • Using the field_of_view_factor, you can assign slightly different field of views for each sub window. Some users like to have a slightly wider view on the left and right monitors.
  • Finally the z_axis_offset_in_degree tells Aerofly by how much each view is rotated compared to the default view. For this example the left and right monitors are looking 90 degrees to the left and right.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hello all,

Are any of the panels for any aircraft, pop up, or dockable ie PFD MFD (etc, (as in FSX P3D) for multi monitors.  If not, are there any plans for this preferably in the near future?

This sim looks destihned for much greater things

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Hello all,

Are any of the panels for any aircraft, pop up, or dockable ie PFD MFD (etc, (as in FSX P3D) for multi monitors.  If not, are there any plans for this preferably in the near future?

This sim looks destihned for much greater things

Regards to all

There was a thread on the Ipacs forum where this ability was asked for, and the developer who replied thought it was a good idea and solicited information from users as to how they would use the feature.

That was about a month ago, and I've seen nothing further, but at least the request is on the table.

Devons rig

Hi Flyer,

That is incredibly good news for me.  If you look at my pic, I am currently using 6 monitors and can only fly FS2004 in this configuration.

I have a birthday coming up and have already been granted Aeroflyfs2 as a reward for my on going good behaviour. LOL  I am really looking forward to it despite its very limited scenery areas.

Your response gives me great hope.

Tdhanks

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

@HiFlyer,

Thanks for the info on the three monitor setup. Have you any idea just what the performance comparison is to a single monitor. On FSX/P3D, it would be about one-third or maybe a little better. I'm seeing very high frame rates with FS2 anyway - better than 200fps in some areas.

Dave

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

@HiFlyer,

Thanks for the info on the three monitor setup. Have you any idea just what the performance comparison is to a single monitor. On FSX/P3D, it would be about one-third or maybe a little better. I'm seeing very high frame rates with FS2 anyway - better than 200fps in some areas.

Dave

Its going to depend on what type of horsepower your computer has under the hood. As a modern program as well as 64bit, Aerofly takes very good advantage of modern hardware, and because of that, is probably the flight sim for VR

I myself sometimes push 400 to 500 fps on ultra settings on my Nvidia 1080 GTX, but that's also going to hinge (of course) on what sort of resolution those monitors of yours are running at.

Best way to find out is give it a try! (Though the video seems encouraging)

Devons rig

@HiFlyer

I realize that as far as scene content, we are missing a lot of what, in FSX/P3D terms, would be autogen buildings away from cities but I don't think that would slow the performance down much - the worst performance in FS2 that I have seen is over downtown San Francisco and that is about 150 fps single monitor with 4.2Ghz i7 cores and an Nvidia 970. Most of the time I see between 200 and 300 fps - simply amazing!! This just shows what can be done with talented experts who are always performance testing the inner graphics core as they develop. I also wonder if the OpenGL code is now better than DirectX in terms of both performance and scene reality.

Dave

P.S. I have both three monitors and VR which I prefer by far

Most of the time I see between 200 and 300 fps - simply amazing!! This just shows what can be done with talented experts who are always performance testing the inner graphics core as they develop. I also wonder if the OpenGL code is now better than DirectX in terms of both performance and scene reality.

I wont bother comparing OpenGL and DirectX, but I will say that butter smooth frames over a large airport or dense city area (even of limited range so far) is definitely exhilarating.

The devs are working on some new updates, and I can't wait to see whats coming next.

Devons rig