Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Silly Newbie Question

Hey folks, not too sure whenther this is the correct forum for asking questions so I'll be brief, relatively new to FS2004, lately all my aircraft are turning hard left while taxiing and also fly with the nose about 20degrees left of the centre, I've ensured key assignments aren't conflicting etc and can't seem to stop it,i've also reinstalled my joystick and calibrated it, its been happeneing about a week now and driving me mad,Any help would be appreciated,George Tyrrell

George,It is possible that your rudder axis is dirty or has a sensor that needs to be cleaned. Alternatively you can try to recalibrate your joystick a few times. This has worked with my Saitek x45 before. Hope this helps a little.TonyP IV 3.0 HT1 GB@400MHz160 GB HD60 GB HDATI X850ProSaitek X45

Guest IanP

What happens if you change the aircraft realism settings? It sounds like rudder trim, but that isn't usually a saved setting.If that doesn't help, try renaming your fs9.cfg file and let FS build a new one. If that solves the problem, we can work on it from there. If it doesn't, I'm stumped!:-zhelpIan P.

Shouldn't be rudder trim i've been checking it, if I rename my fs9.cfg file and fs2004 refreshes it will it take inito account changes i've made to it regarding new panels etc? and is it simple as renaming it fs9.hello or something and just restarting?Thanks a million

Guest panda234

If you're flying a multi engine you might want to check to see that they're all running and that their settings are the same.billg

Yes, just rename it and restart the sim. Renaming the file won't do anything to whatever you've added. The only thing you'll need to do is go back into the options and reset them (the new file that's created will reset everything to the defaults). Welcome to the forum.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thank Ian, it was his idea :-) . Anyway, sounds like it's fixed.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest IanP

I don't care, as long as it worked... :-hahIan P.

Guest allcott

Could have achieved the same thing without having to reset the FS9.cfg. Just hit keypad `5` (with the numlock off). This centres all the control surfaces. On my rig this also seems to put the controller and the control surfaces in the sim into synchronicityWow I've been waiting to use that word for ages! I'm going to use it again: Synchronicity. :-jumpyAllcott

Guest IanP

As far as I'm aware, control surface settings aren't saved, the same as trim settings. If the problem was solved by rebuilding fs9.cfg, it wasn't a control surface issue.Good word, though... ;-)Cheers,Ian P.

I'll bet Jung never thought of using keypad 5 :-) ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity )Doug