Sign in to follow this  
h2o

Discount for license

Hello, i would like to know if there will be any chance for discount in near future for people who bought PMDG products for FSX and would like to switch to P3D? I have bought 737&777 for FSX without even knowing P3D exist, i regret that decision and would like to start flying with P3D but i can not afford buying even more for the same products that's why i am wondering if something like this might happen?

i would like to know if there will be any chance for discount in near future for people who bought PMDG products for FSX and would like to switch to P3D?

No.

I have bought 737&777 for FSX without even knowing P3D exist

There's a reason for that. Nobody who used FSX knew ESP existed either (until FSX was killed off). Why? They serve different markets. It isn't an upgrade. It's an entirely different platform, built for an entirely different purpose.

Kyle Rodgers

The thing is i bought PMDG products in 2015 so i guess P3D existed at that time.

The thing is i bought PMDG products in 2015 so i guess P3D existed at that time.

I'm not following the logic here. Separate platforms - separate purposes. If you go right now and tell LM that you didn't know that P3D (ESP at the time) existed when you bought FSX, would they give you a discount for having bought FSX?

Kyle Rodgers

I have actually bought FSX few months after release so i guess i would not even try asking Lockheed Martin for it, I was just curious about it, many companies develop their games and if you buy it you get license for PC/MAC/Linux, i thought it might look similar here.

Here's a question I've always had with this. I'm not trying to be critical its an honest question. Why can some companies develop add-ons and sell licenses for those add-ons that work for both products, EX, Carenado. I can buy a Carenado aircraft and legally install it in either P3D and/or FSX for one price. Yet PMDG has to have two separate licenses for two different prices. Again, not criticizing at all, its an honest question.

Here's a question I've always had with this. I'm not trying to be critical its an honest question. Why can some companies develop add-ons and sell licenses for those add-ons that work for both products, EX, Carenado. I can buy a Carenado aircraft and legally install it in either P3D or FSX for one price. Yet PMDG has to have two separate licenses for two different prices. Again, not criticizing at all, its an honest question.

Very impressed with the attitude of Eaglesoft, Carenado, Lionheart with this issue, less so with others tbh. That said, guess some add ons need more work to convert than others, and for some it will be a blatant cash grab.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Here's a question I've always had with this. I'm not trying to be critical its an honest question. Why can some companies develop add-ons and sell licenses for those add-ons that work for both products, EX, Carenado. I can buy a Carenado aircraft and legally install it in either P3D and/or FSX for one price. Yet PMDG has to have two separate licenses for two different prices. Again, not criticizing at all, its an honest question.

See here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/?p=3173088#entry3173088

Very impressed with the attitude of Eaglesoft, Carenado, Lionheart with this issue, less so with others tbh. That said, guess some add ons need more work to convert than others, and for some it will be a blatant cash grab.

One should attempt first to understand the environment and the difficulties and risks inherent with it prior to either judging, or attempting to operate in it themselves.

Otherwise one might find themselves firing off accusations in ignorance...

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers