Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing the English-US Language Pack and Speech on Win 10

Thanks Bill

I have created a new speech recognition profile in Windows and spend time to train. Things are getting slowly better...

My bloody french accent :blush:

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

Roland,

Sounds like retraining the Speech Recognizer is the right approach. 

You should not have to have the microphone in exclusive use mode, but apparently you can.

Thanks for the update.

Dave

I was able this afternoon to make a complete flight with P2A and the FSLabs bus between San Diego and San Francisco, a flawless flight, happy :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

I purchased a number of Nextup Ivona voices for use with Pilot2ATC but they keep crashing Pilot2atc after a short time.

The error being received in windows event log is:

The description for Event ID 516 from source ReadSpeaker IVONA SAPI (OEM) cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event: 

register_voice() failed with error code 6: The handle is invalid.

Is anyone using Ivona voices successfully or having this problem?

I am running X plane 11, pilot2atc on Windows 10 build 1709 (fall creators update) with 41% cpu and 70% memory usage.

This seems to be a problem with more recent IVONA voices.  I've had mine since 2014 and they cause no problems.  You are the second user I'm aware of having similar issues.

I suggest you open a problem ticket with IVONA.

Dave

Unfortunately, Ivona nolonger sells or supports these products.  They are being sold by Nextup.

Nextup.com has been in contact.  I will update if they are able to resolve the issues with the Ivona voices when used with Pilot2ATC.

In case anyone was looking to take advantage of 20% off Nextup.com voices.  Performed some testing today and if only 2 ivona voices are enabled in pilot2atc then you will not have problems.

Problems begin at 3+

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JeB1952 said:

In case anyone was looking to take advantage of 20% off Nextup.com voices.  Performed some testing today and if only 2 ivona voices are enabled in pilot2atc then you will not have problems.

Problems begin at 3+

Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Went to the website but cannot see the 20% off, is it over?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The sale is on until December 1st.  Use code "CYBERMON20" during checkout process.

• Upvote 1

I do not believe these will work with pilot2atc as there are no sapi5 voices offered only with their textspeaker product. Pilot2atc requires sapi5 voices.

i have no purchased any of these.

Thanks JeB. I've now downloaded a couple of the IVONA demos from the above site and they install as normal SAPI5 voices. The licensing certainly looks to me like you can buy the IVONA and AT&T SAPI voices separate to the speachapp offered by DeskShare or you could choose a bundle if you wish.

Yes, now if they will stop crashing pilot2atc.  I do have some good news.  I am presently flying with 8 ivona voices loaded and active on pilot2atc.  The vendor Nextup and Readspeaker are investigating the problems.

The best success I had was making sure that ivona voice is not setup for Windows speech recognition and text to speech.  It seemed to cause a conflict.

There is a big change coming to pilot2atc that will be announced by Dave that may address other issues as well.  Stay tuned for this.

I am positive that the problems with Ivona are being addressed and I intend on purchasing some more.  Need another day of stability though and of course some more money! :biggrin:

Have a great flight.

• Upvote 1

On my side I'm using AT&T voices flawlessly since a long time (W7 and W10).

Their quality maybe lower than Ivona's, but as I deliberately downgrade the sounds to be closer to the real ATC feeling, it's not a problem at all :biggrin:

Roland