Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

NGX for X Plane

If and when please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

So, are we not allowed to ask? This forum is becoming oppressive.

You've been around long enough to know that when they have something to announce they will announce it and put it in a sticky at the top of the PMDG General Forum.

That's why asking over and over again until then is not going to yield any new news.

It's not oppressive, just common sense.

• Upvote 4

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So, are we not allowed to ask? This forum is becoming oppressive.

You're welcome to ask, but I thought we all graduated from repeating questions like this when we were oh...say...3?

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

You're welcome to ask, but I thought we all graduated from repeating questions like this when we were oh...say...3?

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. We don't expect replies of that nature to paying customers. One reply is enough.

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. We don't expect replies of that nature to paying customers. One reply is enough.

Ha, ha...I don't think PMDG will be loosing too many customers over a little sprinkle of sarcasm.

The other post don't say nothing..because nobody know if and when.

I'm an fanatic of Xplane from 2 years after i've spent years and years with FS, FSX, P3D and i'll never come back. My opinion is that is totally insane continue to develop produts for dead platform and don't perform a porting into platform in development , ever update with last driver support and etc etc, BUT...the reasons are the profit and actually Xplane don't give enoght profit to migrate.

I suppose that DC-6 is a test to know how it work (xplane) and how the customers "answer", after they will do own considerations.

Luckly in XP we have 733 that is superior (imho) to the PMDG but i continue to dream, and hope to see a NGX for Xplane in a not far future..because the actually NGX for xplane are bad.

Thank at all and happy landings

Well, technically speaking, P3D is in active development. To certain extent, so is FSX since it became available on Steam. 

On the other hand, there has been a troubling absence of visible XPlane development, and from something I heard, for an even more troubling reason.

• Upvote 1

On the other hand, there has been a troubling absence of visible XPlane development

Not sure I follow that line of thought...  10.50 is in RC status, and the previews of XP11 has my excitement up, even knowing that it's years away. I'd hesitate to call that an absence.

• Upvote 2

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Well, technically speaking, P3D is in active development. To certain extent, so is FSX since it became available on Steam. 

On the other hand, there has been a troubling absence of visible XPlane development, and from something I heard, for an even more troubling reason.

If by a troubling absence of visible X-Plane development you mean updates and betas every few weeks for the last five years, then I guess you are right.

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Oh well, I suppose you can then disregard what I wrote. I remember purchasing boxed set of X-Plane 10 many, many years ago, and it's still 10~ish :-).

Then again, I suppose for those who like it, it may be good enough. I have my own personal reasons why I prefer FSX, and lately P3D over X-Plane, but... to each their own.

I am however still troubled by the legal fight they are fighting with the patent troll. And if you are unaware of it, please take a moment to familiarize, and donate to their legal fund. 

I have searched the forum but not found any explanatory reason for why PMDG will not make the NGX work in X-plane 11 (I might be wrong about PMDG NGX in X-plane which would please me).
I do understand that the code is different and all but since PMDG did the DC-6 I really thought that X-plane was now part of PMDGs scope for addon aircrafts.

I have FSX with the NGX but it is too problematic keeping that sim running smoothly and I feel it is on the last verse. P3D is just too expensive in my opinion and X-plane 11 is really attractive to me.

Does anyone have facts about what PMDGs strategy is around X-plane 11 and the aircraft portfolio?
I would like to understand the comprehensive reason behind PMDGs decisions regarding X-plane.

I know about ixeg and their 737 but I would like the 800 and ixeg has told me they will not do the 800 or 900.

Thank you in advance!

• Upvote 3

should just ditch XP11 all together and teach them all a lesson lol

• Upvote 1

I too wish NGX for X-Plane. But give them time to make it happen.

Gordon

Gordon Harvey

P3D, XP11, Flightgear.