Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Now it wont start....

Guest contaegious

Hi guys....This is the problem:My flightsim folder has reached past 6 gigs, and I aded the dreamwings dashQ8-100 and 200 series. and now, when it loads, nothing happens. it sits there for 10 minutes doing nothing...

Guest allcott

Rename FS9.cfg and rebootAllcott

Guest contaegious

what?rename it to what exactly? and reboot how (I already have rebooted and nothing has happened)PS. I also have Flight 1 Ultimate Traffic installed.... Any problem here??

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

rename it anything, like FS9.cfg_old_, so that Flgiht Simulator won't recognize it, and when you start FS after that, it will automatically build a new FS9.cfg file.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!A pilot pulled out a .38 revolver and placed it on top of the instrument panel, then told the navigator "I use this on navigators who get me lost!"The navigator pulled out a .45 and placed it on his chart table. The pilot asked, "What's that for?""To be honest sir," the navigator replied, "I'll know we're lost before you will."

Guest contaegious

um.... okay.But to make more sense, I have uninstalled the whole thing and rebooted it, but the program still hangs. I think I know why. My computer has reached its maximum commit charge (25%) and wont go any further. That is why Flight Simulator hangs.I have 512MB Ram card, and that is quite fast (or so my technician told me) and to upgrade it to a 1GB RAM is quite expensive.Anyway around this??It never happened before, but after adding the DashQ100 and Q200 expansion, my computer hangs at Flight Sim...Thanks again for your help.Sorry, I just realised.... I dont have any fs9.cfg file.... Funnily enough. I only have a fs2000.cfg file. Is it located on the "Flight Simulator 9" main folder? Cause if so, I can't fnid it.Thanks again. :D :D

You'll find it in c:documents & settings[your name]appllication datamicrosoftfs9Presumably it's in there so different people using the same computer to fly FS9 can have different config settings...

ngxu_banner.png

Sorry, doesn't like brackets in here! That should beYou'll find it in c:documents & settings your user name application datamicrosoftfs9

ngxu_banner.png

Guest contaegious

and what will exactly happen?are you sure this will work (well, ill go check now. Fingers crossed.) X

Do you mean the selection screen is blank, or the whole thing crashes? If it's a black selection screen then it's possible that the 'sim' entry line in the aircraft.cfg file doesn't match the .air file name.

Guest contaegious

no. it starts up with the whole background..... and waits..... and waits...... and waits...... and then i find out it hangs.

>Hi guys....>>This is the problem:>>My flightsim folder has reached past 6 gigs, and I aded the>dreamwings dashQ8-100 and 200 series. and now, when it loads,>nothing happens. it sits there for 10 minutes doing>nothing...helloyour problem has nothing to do with the fact that your flight sim folder is over 6 gigs, Mine is at 75 gigs with no ill effects.Try thisremove the Dreamwings package ( things were going ok before you added this?)load your "C:program filesmicrosoft gamesflight simulator 9scenery.cfg" into notepad and cut out everything after area 038 and paste this into another file for safe keeping. change area 038 from active=TRUE to active=FALSEThis will get you back to the default scenery and afcads only.Rename "C:documents and settingsyour nameapplication datamicrosoftfs9fs9.cfg" to fs9.cfg_oldthis will rebuild the config file to its original condition.Do these things one at a time and if these dont work then Move all aircraft to a new folder apart fron the default cessna.

What are your system specs?The fssound module is not hard to fix.Add this in the fs9.cfg[oldmodules]fssound.dllsomething like that.

Hey MadDog. 75 Gigs? That`s impressive, mate! Lol. I`m guessing photo sceneries are the meat of that? My FS is a svelte 8 Gigs, though I do take the "modules" approach and concentrate on a small number of scenery areas. Back to the thread. Another thing to check is that the default flight that FS is trying to load on startup still exists. This can cause problems. I think letting fs recreate fs9.cfg will clear this though. Good luckJames