Sign in to follow this  
Guest allcott

Now it wont start....

Guest contaegious

but will messing up with the scenery files mess up with any add-on scenery (or by any chance the Ultinmate Traffic I have)??

Guest contaegious

just curious....75 gigs of what?!by the way, I am sharnig the Flight Simulator with 80GB of music. All coded at 96kbps.Either way, I am trying now to fix the problem.

HelloThe size is a result of installing a lot of scenery and aircraft from the Avsim Library plus a lot photo sceneries and FSgenesis meshes at LOD 4,5,6,7,8,9 and USA at LOD10, and then way too much payware aircraft and scenery that i dare not even start to add up the money spent.This hobby can get expensive very quickly but the best part of the whole flightsim scene is free and that is the community built around it.

Guest contaegious

okay, i tries each of the three methods. and none of them work; my game still hangs....Oh boy, this might take a while.

Guest contaegious

nothing is working. still nothing is responding....

I'd suggest you try to document a logical troubleshooting process and your results.From looking at this thread:Your FS was working - you installed an FS2002 aircraft and it never successfully loaded after you installed that aircraft.You renamed the FS9.cfg file - that forces the system to restart with the original out of the box configuration. A useful troubleshooting technique. However it is critical that the original / unmodified default C-172 be on your system - or that suggestion will cause an aircraft initialization failure.The only result you got from that was a warning about an FS2002 non-compliant module which some panel designers seem to love.You have modified the FS9.cfg file to allow the non-compliant module to be loaded. No success.You have uninstalled / removed the aircraft. Still no success.Is that correct - you have taken all these steps and are still not able to successfully start Flight Simulator?A couple questions - by "won't start" do you mean that you never get to the "Create a Flight" window, or that you can get there but cannot load a flight?You should shut down your computer system cold - at least 10 minutes to ensure all cache clears after major changes. Many people have also found that the many temporary cache files Flight Simulator creates can make fixing a problem impossible. I would recommend you search for and delete all Scenery.DAT files in the Flight Simulator folder.You should also make sure that you start the system from the Start Menu Icon, with no autostartup utilities.When troubleshooting - you should not start from a saved flight - though starting from one of the default C--172 flights might be a last resort.If the problem occurred immediately after adding a new aircraft - the problem will almost always be the aircraft.The first suspect would be a gauge or a module, with a texture close behind. Removing the gauges from most aircraft is extrememly difficult. So many aircraft share the same gauges.The gps_export.dll is a major source of problems. If you have FS2004 with the FS9.1 patch - this module MUST be the one installed by that package - the date on mine is 9/1/2004.I'd suggest you check that.I also like to keep a copy of a scenery.cfg file with only the default scenery setup so I can test it easily to rule out add-on scenery issues.You can easily temporarily move AI and all aircraft - except the default aircraft to a temporary folder - to rule out aircraft.cfg issues which can keep the program from starting.Anwyay, if you have no success getting FS back operational - please try to give us a step by step of your troubleshooting.Almost never is reinstalling FS a good idea.

Click on 'Start/Program Files/Microsoft Games/FS9/Troubleshooting/Restore Defaults'Its like taking medicine and always works.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest contaegious

well, now. it tells me that my FSsound.dll file cannot be found.Could anyone trade it with me? As to reinstall the whole package would take forever??Also; no, when the application opens the start up window, with the giant title and the DC-3 in the background, nothing loads after that. Except for the FSsound.dll file missing (look at the picture above)

Guest allcott

>well, now. it tells me that my FSsound.dll file cannot be>found.>>Could anyone trade it with me? As to reinstall the whole>package would take forever??>>Also; no, when the application opens the start up window, with>the giant title and the DC-3 in the background, nothing loads>after that. Except for the FSsound.dll file missing (look at>the picture above)FS Sound probably not missing, You've just lost the entry for it in the FS9.cfgAllcott

Guest contaegious

umm. i really dont live in kazakhstan, im just making fun of Borat. The same guy at the European Music Awards 2005.

Guest contaegious

great, so which fssound package do i pick now??

Guest contaegious

But Borat actuallty makes fun of some of the culture (and his accent) if the Slovaks, Slav, Croats, Serbs and even Russians...It is quite sickening. I heard about the Borat Show from ym german friend. What is it like??