Sign in to follow this  
klamal

Pro ATC X from network config to local

Hello.  Just wondering if there is anyone here that has gone from running this over a network to running it on the same pc as P3D and what there experience has been since?  Did you notice that you were able to complete more flights without ProATC/X crashing?  Do you still get crashes running it locally?  If so, how often?  Did you notice any performance issues running it on the same pc?

I currently run this over a network and have about a 50% at best success rate for actually completing a flight.  So, I'm debating trying it local or just throwing it in the virtual trash can and either use no ATC or fly on VATSIM and be done with it.  Currently, it's pretty useless to me running over a network.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Hello.  Just wondering if there is anyone here that has gone from running this over a network to running it on the same pc as P3D and what there experience has been since?  Did you notice that you were able to complete more flights without ProATC/X crashing?  Do you still get crashes running it locally?  If so, how often?  Did you notice any performance issues running it on the same pc?

I currently run this over a network and have about a 50% at best success rate for actually completing a flight.  So, I'm debating trying it local or just throwing it in the virtual trash can and either use no ATC or fly on VATSIM and be done with it.  Currently, it's pretty useless to me running over a network.

I have never had PATC cause a crash on P3D. You may want to post this on the Pro ATC forum for some advice. http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Do you run it over a network?

I never did, but many on the forum do, and have no problems with crashing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have it installed on network and local. I have no issues running from either, unlike Active Sky which has to be one or the other and not both.

Mario Di Lauro

How about any performance issues then running it on same computer as P3D?  I've done some network troubleshooting in the past with this and tried different settings, even bought a switch so I could hard wire rather than be wireless but I still crash in network mode ~50% of the time.  So really, it's either a same pc install or like I said, no atc or vatsim.  Don't feel like going through posts on their forum where most people say they have no issue and the rest really have no idea.  I don't mean that to sound rude.  Not at all.  I just mean to say that I don't feel like an endless journey of troubleshooting.  It should just work and doesn't for me and I'm too lazy to jump through hoops.  Combine that to the other "quirks" it has or unrealistic behavior and I'd just rather use nothing or fly on vatsim than spend any extra time with it.  If I can just install on the same PC as P3D and it will just work, with hopefully no performance issues, at this point, that's my preferred route.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

How about any performance issues then running it on same computer as P3D?  I've done some network troubleshooting in the past with this and tried different settings, even bought a switch so I could hard wire rather than be wireless but I still crash in network mode ~50% of the time.  So really, it's either a same pc install or like I said, no atc or vatsim.  Don't feel like going through posts on their forum where most people say they have no issue and the rest really have no idea.  I don't mean that to sound rude.  Not at all.  I just mean to say that I don't feel like an endless journey of troubleshooting.  It should just work and doesn't for me and I'm too lazy to jump through hoops.  Combine that to the other "quirks" it has or unrealistic behavior and I'd just rather use nothing or fly on vatsim than spend any extra time with it.  If I can just install on the same PC as P3D and it will just work, with hopefully no performance issues, at this point, that's my preferred route.

It has no effect on performance that I have ever seen installing on the same PC. . If you don't want to get help on the forum then I don't know what to tell you.  

It has no effect on performance that I have ever seen. If you don't want to get help on the forum then I don't know what to tell you.  

I have to agree with Bob - 0 impact.

Mario Di Lauro

Do you run it over a network?

I do and have newer had it cause FSX-SE to crash. I don't use P3D at present, though I do have it installed hoping it will one day reach the same level of performance or better.

I prefer ATC on a Networked PC so I can have the sound separated -- it is routed into my overhead speakers or headset (switchable on overhead).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen