Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

TB-10 Tobago & TB-20 Trinidad by JF Released

It's out now. I'll consider based on feedback from the community.

TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It's out now. I'll consider based on feedback from the community.

TKS

I would probably have been tempted to buy this if I didn't already have the Lionheart TB-21GT Trinidad. The Lionheart product is a very nice aircraft, very n. well modelled both externally and internally - I particularly like the appearance of the VC, but for some reason the original download comes without a manifold pressure gauge or an ADF frequency selector although the ADF on/off button is present! The MP gauge issue has been corrected by making two bgl files available which can be downloaded but the ADF issue has to my knowledge not been addressed. This may not bother most simmers, who I suspect rarely use the ADF, but this dinosaur from the age of round gauges does like to shoot the odd ADF approach from time to time to remind him of what instrument flying used to be like! The flight dynamics of the Lionheart aircraft are pretty accurate and both internal and external sounds are very good.

I appreciate that, having given a mini review of the Lionheart product, I haven't answered your question, but I can understand why you asked it as my personal experience of Just Flight products are that they can be quite variable in their quality and I too tend to wait for reviews before buying them. To be fair though, this Just Flight product seems quite good value at the introductory price for two models and the specs as given in the product description look very good as do the screenshots. It would be interesting to hear how the JF Trinidad compares to the Lionheart version.

Bill

Totally agree I want to see a comparison, especially as I just bought the Lionheart Trinidad.  At the time my one grumble was no GTN integration, now JF is offering a GTN650 now and hopefully a GTN750 soon.  Arrrrrrrrgh

Give them a few more days to get the patch out, and this airplane should be a great plane to fly.

I have the GTN 650, and it fits very nicely in the panel.

Like it a lot  :smile:

Bert

Bert,

I have GTN 750, GNS 530 and GTN 430 by Flight1, not the GTN 650, though. Do you think I could fit the GNS430 into the cockpit with some manual tweak?
Also, I read several positive reviews about this addon. Can you please add something personal?

Thanks

Bert,

I have GTN 750, GNS 530 and GTN 430 by Flight1, not the GTN 650, though. Do you think I could fit the GNS430 into the cockpit with some manual tweak?

Also, I read several positive reviews about this addon. Can you please add something personal?

Thanks

I have now installed the Flight1 GTN750 in the panel, using the included config app.

Works great!  No further tweaks required..

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/flight1-gtn-750-in-tb20_topic56515.html

Bert

Might consider it. I do have the Lionheart one (in theory at least, but since I bought it from Flight 1 and their download of it is not available any more for some reason, I can't actually download the thing, so I only have it in theory lol).

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have now installed the Flight1 GTN750 in the panel, using the included config app.

Works great!  No further tweaks required..

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/flight1-gtn-750-in-tb20_topic56515.html

Thank you Bert.

I see now that the default equipment is a GNS430. Replacing it with the Flight1 GNS430 should be a breeze, or at least I guess so based on my previous experience with other addons. 

In general, I refrain from installing the GTN750 on such aircraft. I will walk this path only if I should fail with the Flight1 GNS 430.

Now it is on the top of my to-buy list.

Very cool! I got my Commercial in a Trinidad back in '08 and enjoyed flying it. I'll probably have to wait a bit to pick it up but I'll be looking forward to adding it. I wonder if I can still manage a chandelle... ;)

I'm thinking of it also.

I have over 100 hours in my log book in the TB20. Though it only had a Trimble 2000 GPS in it (as per the Aerosoft DA Cheyenne) .

None of this fancy map thingies  :smile:. Will be nice with the GTN750.

Nice plane to fly, my favorite of all the lighties I flew. Bit heavy on the controls in roll though.  

Used it to fly my country business trips & gain my Night VMC (was called Class4 Instrument rating in those days from memory).

Last flew it early 1993.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit