Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

An Avalanche of AI

A huge new crop of AIG flightplans in the library... superb!

And, over at flightsim.com, the Russians have landed!

All the UTT and SBAI you were too afraid to go and look for!

Can some new WOAI be far behind?

We dare to hope... meantime I have introduced the likes of Phenom and Beech Premier to the AI bizfleet for starters.

Unfortunately, UTT's AI planes seem to be ignored by some repainters. Their 737-200 was not bad, but almost no repaints were made until the FAIB model came out. Jürgen Baumbusch has some repaints for the UTT 787-9, while flyingcarpet goes FSpainter (payware) all the way.

Nevertheless, great to have them all in one of the big libraries!

And thanks WingZ for the heads-up!

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

great to have them all
Agreed, perhaps there will be more interest in repainting them, now that they are more readily available. I succumbed in the end, and now have all the AI 787's, free- and payware...

FWIW the UTT models are very good, with features easily comparable to FSP.

And the Camsim models are not really suitable as AI.

Thanks for the flightsim note! The UTT 787 looks great!

If you want to be more up to date according to AIG flightplans you should go to their forum and keep an eye at the "announcements-topic".

They have a 5 page thread going on with all the summer 2016 flightplans. United, Delta and American with all the regional services are in there since june. The library on asvim is not the place to be if you want to keep updated.

Just sloth on my part :)

I know that when the AIG FP's emerge into the wild, the good folk at WOAI often are not far behind with the full installer package.

More than happy to wait, my sim is only required to be current to 2006...

I stopped downloading from WoAi a few years ago. The frequency of new files dropped dramatically so I found other ways to get my recent files. Thats why I found AIG with always up to date files. :-)

I use a program called AIFP to install these files.

AIFP is not an "installer" at all.

You will still have to go out and find the aircraft base models, and appropriate repaints to create the aircraft.txt file.

And collect the appropriate airports for the airports.txt file.

For the next step of assembling this information, I find it easier to create the text files rather than wondering how I messed up using intermediate software.

I'd agree that for a first-timer it might be easier to have a utility do this, but then that is exactly the point of the WOIA installer which fully automates the process.

I agree on that. The woai installer is way easier but it simply is not up to date.

American airlines now flies with aircraft that cannot be installed with woai like the three new heritage liveries (aircal, twa and reno-air) With Aifp I can make new textures in the aircraft folder and installe them.

Unfortunately, UTT's AI planes seem to be ignored by some repainters. Their 737-200 was not bad, but almost no repaints were made until the FAIB model came out. Jürgen Baumbusch has some repaints for the UTT 787-9, while flyingcarpet goes FSpainter (payware) all the way.

Never new that the FSPainter 787 are payware... And well, UTT was on the blacklist for some AI modelers as they did some bad things with their models some years ago. Now, things are settled down, but for some repainters, UTT is still a no-go I guess.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

UTT got a bad name when they copied a CRJ1000 model from someone and offered it on their site as their own. I think it was Tom Allensworth who very detailed showed why it was an exact copy. The similarities were too obvious. UTT was put on a blacklist.

The CRJ model is still on their site I think that pushed many painters away from UTT.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Now, things are settled down, but for some repainters, UTT is still a no-go I guess.

I'm hoping we can move on now, certainly "coming out" onto the major upload sites will be an incentive. And the models are the best anywhere.

I can make new textures in the aircraft folder and installe them.

Yes I will confess to cannibalising WOAI aircraft entries with newer liveries and models as a stopgap. (TrafficTools does fine for me) They do duty until a WOAI update wipes out the deficit. All the more reason to get some paint on the UTT releases.

UTT got a bad name when they copied a CRJ1000 model from someone and offered it on their site as their own. I think it was Tom Allensworth who very detailed showed why it was an exact copy. The similarities were too obvious. UTT was put on a blacklist.

The CRJ model is still on their site I think that pushed many painters away from UTT.

Very interesting, didn't know that.

Is it a funny coincidence that the CRJ-1000 is almost the only UTT model that I don't use?

Much more interesting is that UTT also host the SBAI models. And I'm almost sure that these are originals. Who else made, let's say, a Be-200?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I didnt know UTT did this. De crj-1000 is also the only one I dont use.

The UTT 787 is really a beauty so that does not me stop using it for my ai traffic.

Here is the link to a new Falcon 20 AI model http://www.sgai.win

The package includes a bunch of Falcon variations, paints, and flightplans. The author said he is going to upload to avsim, but if you don't want to wait you can get the package from the website I posted.

Thank you... a huge package.

Nice to come across a "local" enthusiast, interesting links on that website too