Sign in to follow this  
vector

Dreamfleet A36 Bonanza question

As I only fly with the VC I decided to remove the main 2D panel from the panel.cfg file by commenting out every line in the [Window00] section.  However, this also removed every gauge from the VC.  By trial and error I discovered that I must leave the following line active in the 2D panel in order to see the gauges in the VC:

gauge12=dfa36ec!KEYBOARD, 1,1,1,1

Does anyone know what this gauge is and what it does?

Many thanks for any ideas.

Dijvid

Hi Dijvid,

if I understand the DF Bonanza's panel correctly, this is the gauge that administrates and saves all views and some advanced features (as radar pod etc.). However, it should be possible to move this entry into the [Vcockpit01] section as new entry. If I do so, the gauges are back at least.

Perhaps worth a try?

The DF A36 is a great plane, by the way...

Good luck,

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Harald

Many thanks for your reply.

I have moved the KEYBOARD gauge to the VC section, as you suggested, and removed the 2D panel completely and everything works fine.

This has also solved another problem I had.  I could never adjust trim in the Throttles and Trim popup panel - I always had to do this in the VC itself.  Now this works OK as well.

Yes, the DF A36 is a really great aircraft and it's the only one I fly now.  Its quality is excellent considering that DF released it in 2005.  I have made a number of personal modifications to it and I also have the turbo version done by Peter McClelland.  Now I can climb to FL200 at 1,000 fpm with no trouble at all - very good for flying over mountains!  Of course, it cost me a fortune having to pressurise the aircraft and fit oxygen for the crew and pax!!

Best wishes.

Dijvid

Dijvid,

thanks for your feedback. Glad you got it working.

A turbo version? Sounds interesting... I just modified the cockpit layout with some more ancient instruments, following the version of David Voogd (unfortunately I didn't get any contact to him for permission to upload my modifications). The RXP instruments coming with the DF A36 never worked for me, not even under WinXP.

Happy flights!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi Harald

One of the first things I did when I bought the Bonanza was to get rid of the RXP gauges!

I have searched for a link to the turbo version of the Bonanza but cannot find it any more.  However, if you PM me with your e-mail address then I can let you have the necessary files.  Peter McClelland originally made them free for the community in 2005 so I doubt he will mind if I let you have them.

Cheers.

Dijvid