Sign in to follow this  
WilloW_737

Ability to use RAAS on Client Computer to separate sounds

Greetings

I have recently purchase RAAS (well-coded program, thank you).

I use a full simulator flight deck for a B737.  As such I use three computers (server and two clients).

RAAS must be run on the server computers where Flight simulator is installed.  As such, RAAS call-outs play via the same speakers that are used to transmit the engine sounds.

In a future production of RAAS, is it possible to allow RAAS to run from a client either using FSUPIC/WideFS or SimConnect, or as a standalone program?  This will enable users to separate the RAAS call-outs from other sounds and play them from a dedicated speaker in the overhead.

I hope this request falls on positive ears; being able to separate RAAS from other sounds will greatly enhance the realism and immersion for those who use full flight decks.

Thank You,    WilloW

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In a future production of RAAS, is it possible to allow RAAS to run from a client either using FSUPIC/WideFS or SimConnect, or as a standalone program?

We'll consider it, but you know there is a sound option on the RAAS menu where you can select the audio device to be used for the RAAS sounds.

but you know there is a sound option on the RAAS menu where you can select the audio device

Hello Bryan

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I noted this.  Full flight decks can be rather complicated when it comes to sound.  Certainly the option has merit with some builders, however, with many builds the only way to guarantee that the sound comes the correct direction and speaker (especially if using real aircraft speakers and parts) is to have the sound come from a separate sound card installed on a client computer.

Installing two sound cards to a server computer, although possible, often causes other problems.

Hopefully this concept maybe looked at in a future upgrade.

Cheers,   WilloW

Installing two sound cards to a server computer, although possible, often causes other problems.

What about a speaker connected via a USB port?

USB ports are usually pretty trouble free.

What about a speaker connected via a USB port?

Hi Byran

OK this is new - I have not seen USB speakers before (but I have never looked either)...    I will investigate this option and see how it goes. 

Thanks for the suggestion,    WilloW