Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

FSX Texture Problem is killing fun

Hey PIlots! 

Since a few weeks I have a weird Texture overlapping problem in FSX. Please see the Video - I have recreatet it with a short Flight into LDZA
This problem seems to appear only when I fly inbound to an Airport. Outbound is fine.

I use ORBX Vector, but the airport with the problem are not available via the Vector tool (for excluding them).
I experience this at some payware airports (megaairport oslo for example) but also on freeware airports from vatsim and other sources.

Please, If you have any hint for me, share it with me!
Thank you very much!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hello Klaus,

I've only ever seen the light blue flickering scenery on one of the freeware air bases I was going to use (I selected another versions by a different author).

However, I do sometimes get these annoying patches of default texture popping through - usually at my local large airport - Manchester. I use a nice freeware version of EGCC which has the newer control tower. Anyway, here is the screenshot - see the ugly textured square next to the taxiway?

2016-8-20_13-51-23-803_zps7xl5speg.png

Sorry I cannot help, but I thought I would share a problem which might be similar in nature..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I use ORBX Vector, but the airport with the problem are not available via the Vector tool (for excluding them).

If you want to see if lack of exclusion is an issue you can force Vector to manually exclude it by entering the aiport code yourself.   

Just be aware that if you then run the automatic exclusion, your change will be overwritten, so do it after any automatic action.

The other thing I would suggestion is to run Simple Airport Scanner to insure that it's not due to duplicate scenery interference.

Ernest Pergrem

you can force Vector to manually exclude it by entering the aiport code yourself

I only use manual exclusion, but the airports which are affected by this problem will not appaer on the left side under "AEC IS ENABLED FOR" - or do you talk about an other way to exclude them? I only know via the tool.

Simple Airport Scanner couldnt find any duplicates...

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I did some searching and it looks like the manual exclusion feature only applies to the airports in the ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC folder. That's why you can't find LDZA listed.

You might try moving the airport up the list to see if something is stepping on it. 

Otherwise, I'm at a loss and hopefully someone can step in with a solution.

Ernest Pergrem

Thank you Ernest!

I will trie it if the problem appears again (hope not) since I am re-installing FSX at this time... Wow, I had absolute no clue how much things and programms I had installed over the last year or so ^^

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020