Sign in to follow this  
Mephic

Shadow anti aliasing

Hi

I'm testing my new P3D sim and I am really amazed by its quality. There is one thing which bothers me and this is jagged edges of shadows in cockpit of Carenado Bonanza  (default). Is this normal? Sim AA setting seem to not affect it at all and 4x SGSAA is not bringing any improvement either. 

Hi

I'm testing my new P3D sim and I am really amazed by its quality. There is one thing which bothers me and this is jagged edges of shadows in cockpit of Carenado Bonanza  (default). Is this normal? Sim AA setting seem to not affect it at all and 4x SGSAA is not bringing any improvement either.

bothers me too!...AND YES, it appears normal, though I would love to be proven wrong.

...never found a fix

Cheers

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I just installed a2a 172 and no problem there sgsaa is fine so it's bad texturing from Carenado I guess

I just installed a2a 172 and no problem there sgsaa is fine so it's bad texturing from Carenado I guess

VC shadow quallity seems to depend on the VC model itself as well as

the GROUND_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE= mentioned by nonflyingdutchman above.

So yes some planes are going to be better than others.

Also the angle of the shadow and the angle of the surface it falls on can make a big difference.

SGSAA makes no difference to shadow quality.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.