Sign in to follow this  
sw2010camaro

EZDok and latest P3D

I recently purchased and upgraded to the most current version of EZDok, once I load into the sim I get a error message that says it can't connect for 50 seconds. I have tried most things I have seen in other forums. Any tips/help?

I recently purchased and upgraded to the most current version of EZDok, once I load into the sim I get a error message that says it can't connect for 50 seconds. I have tried most things I have seen in other forums. Any tips/help?

The reason you get that message it takes P3D longer than 50 seconds to boot up. You can just hit OK and go on, or you can transfer the EZdok startup to FSUIPC.ini, and then you have to remove it from the P3D XML file.

I went into the exe.xml file of P3D and on the EZdok  disable line I changed false to true.

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>

<Disabled>true</Disabled>

Then go into FSUIPC .ini and add this line to the ini file. This file is located in P3D/modules.  

[PROGRAMS]

RUNIF1=Ready,"C:/Program Files (x86)/Ezca/Ezca.exe"

Now Ezdok will not start until after P3D has loaded up so you won't ever see that 50 second message again. It will take a few seconds after P3D boots up before EZdok starts , so don't panic if the view looks strange for a couple of seconds. All of a sudden it will pop into the normal view.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The reason you get that message it takes P3D longer than 50 seconds to boot up. You can just hit OK and go on, or you can transfer the EZdok startup to FSUIPC.ini, and then you have to remove it from the P3D XML file. Been awhile since I did it, but you should be able to Google the topic on how exactly to do that.

When I click okay, it pops up again in an infinite loop over and over again.

then use the fix I just posted. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes use the Fix Bob gave you that has worked for loads of folks. 

===========

If that doesn't work You,  And i had this very Issue a couple of weeks back and for me it turned out to be an Administrator thing.

Make sure you are Running Prepar3D and Ezdok as administrator (Very Important)  

Right Click on your Prepar3D Icon,  Click Properties  Click Compatibility  Tick the Box "Run this program as administrator"  Click Apply

25589618680_628915486d_o.png

=====================================================

Go to your EZdok Location:   Right Click on both Config.exe and EZCA.EXE  Click Properties,  Compatibility,  Tick the Box,  Click Apply   

25864490426_078b707e7b_o.png