Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Water still sucks in P3D V3.3.5

I still have some animation even when flying at 25000'. The water doesn't move very fast, but it does indeed move. As was mentioned above, the motion will become more visible with the changing sun direction.

. As was mentioned above, the motion will become more visible with the changing sun direction.

With Sun it does move... without the sun,...is the issue

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Should I select the DX11 optimized for the water?

Yes.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I still have some animation even when flying at 25000 feet

Astonishing. My water textures are static at 2500 feet, and that includes those areas that are in sunlight.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have a copy of the clean install of P3D V3.3.5 saved in another HD... I save it for such purpose..to recover any original files.

Clever

Anybody knows how to get rid of the wave breakers which now appear on any shores including lakes etc. ? Thanks...

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I want water like this

Yes I know its impossible because its different engine.

Anybody knows how to get rid of the wave breakers which now appear on any shores including lakes etc. ? Thanks...

Hi,

looke here http://www.avsim.com/topic/490334-how-do-i-remove-these-shoreline-waves/page-2

#20. It doesn't remove wave brekaers completely but makes them much less nasty.

Kind regards, Michael  

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Manny...

Some Recent v3.3.5 YouTube Videos...By the way water does not look as good as FSX no matter what you try...substance vs visuals...

BTW I get wave animation at any altitude!

Great thread!

Hi,

looke here http://www.avsim.com/topic/490334-how-do-i-remove-these-shoreline-waves/page-2

#20. It doesn't remove wave brekaers completely but makes them much less nasty.

Kind regards, Michael  

Thank you Michael.

I saw that post and also tried what LM recommends i.e. scratching the wavecontrollers and lakewavecontrollers from the terrain.cfg. I still had these unconvincing breakers !

But I think I understand why now... After looking again I saw that OrbX adds its own  controllers some for Global and some for regions. Commenting them out right now !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I would like to see those waves removed in P3D v3.4

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Have to agree, I am not very happy with the water.  Hopefully, it gets improved in future updates.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I've had very good success with Rex4 TD build .0622 water and waves in P3D V3.3.5.  In fact, they look better in P3D than FSX using the same Rex settings.  I just flew a flight from KMIA (LatinVFR 3.1) to KSFO (FB) and the water and wave animation at both departure and arrival were very nice, similar to the better images posted above.  

Unfortunately, I failed to take any screen shots, not knowing I would be posting here.

Here are my REX4 TD+SC settings for P3D:

REXTD%20CONFIG.jpg

REXTDTEXTURES.jpg

I have a mediocre system and these settings work well for me.  YMMV.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

May I ask, which water/waves textures do you use, Glenn?

Thanks and kind regerds, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11