Sign in to follow this  
ErnstB

FPS increase with simple change of NVIDIA setting

Hi All,

Not my finding and using the words of maski in the X-Plane forums in the below link: "Maybe I'm stating the obvious..."

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493478-nvidia-display-setting/

Instructions in the thread.

It increased my fps by 8-10 in e.g. Orbx KFHR, 74S and KBVS in FSX Gold, nVidia GTX780, 4790k 4.3 GHz, single monitor.

Hope some of you will enjoy a better running sim just as I do!

Best regards

Ernst

Wow. I had no idea, but I used to follow Nick's instructions...

Probably didn't pay much attention.

Just made the change. Let's see how it goes.

Thanks.

I was gong to say the same, it's old news for most but new to some.

Also changing the prerendered frames to 1 from 3 helps a bit as well.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, I just set it for my NVidia card!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just to make sure I understand, the recommendation is to set up the Nvidia profile for Single display performance mode even if you are using multiple monitors -- correct?

Another question is "what do we mean here by multiple monitors"?  I only use a single monitor for the FSX display, but I do use a second monitor to display associated information provided by Plan-G. So in the context of FSX and the above Nvidia recommendation, is this considered a single or multiple monitor situation?

Thx,

Al

Just to make sure I understand, the recommendation is to set up the Nvidia profile for Single display performance mode even if you are using multiple monitors -- correct?

Another question is "what do we mean here by multiple monitors"?  I only use a single monitor for the FSX display, but I do use a second monitor to display associated information provided by Plan-G. So in the context of FSX and the above Nvidia recommendation, is this considered a single or multiple monitor situation?

Thx,

Al

I run multi monitor setup for this exact purpose too and would like to also know. I am not a triple screen setup, but 2. One for my main sim and the 2nd display for all my apps such as PFPX, ASN, etc.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

My P3D sim is running on a triple screen setup and changing the value mentioned above to single monitor doesn't do anything for me. What makes me laugh is that somehow people always suddenly seem to find a magical trick on how to gain 5-10fps more with a simple tweak but none haven't worked for me yet, even in FSX times. I must be doomed..

EDIT: Apparently this only works for OpenGL. As P3D/FSX runs on DirectX, no win for us guys.

This is the same  procedure if using  Nvidia Inspector.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.