Sign in to follow this  
Guest lalo lolo1

PSS 777

Guest jasonwinn

First of all...I posted this in this forum because I want an opinion on the company, and not everyone frequents that forum (pss forum).I have never bought a PSS bird before, and I just saw the pre-release info of the 777. I would love to have a 777 in my hangar but never have bought anything from PSS.Can anyone give me any opinions on this company, and also the product if they have gotten it yet?I have most products from EagleSoft, PMDG, Flight1. I would up the PSS bird would be up to the quality of PMDG and Eaglesoft.Thanks for any thoughts and opinions, negative or positive.

Guest mruane

I have many purchases from PSS in my hanger and never had a bad experience dealing with them. I have reinstalled each multiple times and each time the process has been straightforward and painless. Their protection schemes are not intrusive and I have never had to wait for a key to be sent.So, I was happy to pre-order the 777 and I am sure (the released version) will be worth the wait.

You can't go wrong with PSS. Their products have been top-notch and are in the same league as PMDG, Level-D and Eaglesoft. I have a almost all PSS products and I am very happy with them.Some people complained about the extra price tag for PSS add-on liveries, but I found them actually quite affordable, because they offer a huge discount on the purchase of multiple liveries.Hope this helps!

Guest jasonwinn

Awesome and good to hear :)One question... Are you forced to buy those livaries from PSS or are there third-party freeware liveries out there?Not trying to disrespect the manufacture with that question, just that i might have to wait till next payday for some liveries since I just got the PMDg 747 which is awesome btw hahaha.

Guest bigun

The release version is now available for pre-pay customers and it really is a nice aircraft. There are, I think, 17 user created paints on the PSS site already for this bird (free) and more coming everyday.

Guest B1900 Mech

How smooth are the PFD and ND,and how are the virtual Cockpit framerates as compared to PMDG 747.LDS 767?

I had never bought a PSS until the pre-release of the 777 a few days ago. I have been very impressed with their support during the pre-release and now I have the final version. Very pleased with my purchase, One of the best value $26 "big bird" payware I have, although now it is a little more but still worth every penny. It has working WX radar, FMC, and full clickable VC and much more. There are already several download aircraft to add to the house model. IMHO it is up their with the PMDG,LDL and DF727, which I am also happy with.Hope this helps Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I disagree that PSS is in the same league as PMDG or Level-D. Don't know about Eaglesoft, but I consider them to be at least a step below PMDG and Level-D. Depends on what you expect in a simulation, but they've stood the test of time and are dependable and reliable as a company.Don S.

Guest Knikolaes

Every PSS bird I have is absolutely wonderful. The ONLY thing I had ever wished for from a PSS bird was functional VC's in their A320's, but when i asked them they stated they have no intention of ever doing such an upgrade to that series.Either way, those were FS2002 birds that were upgraded to FS2004. And Concorde is a SWEET aircraft!!!! Full cold/dark checklist keeps me busy for a while before I even fly :-) I love it.I am very much looking forward to the triple seven.

Guest FattyBear

The current state the PSS 777 is in is mediocre at best. I honestly can't describe it but it's just not up to the level of LDS or PMDG yet. I fly mainly from the VC and it's not very good. The 2d panels look amazing, though. PSSs are always very crisp and good looking.

Guest Knikolaes

Alex . . . As someone who is planning to get the 777 -- might I ask what is up with the VC? I am a VC flyer too and it was screenshots of the VC that made me much anticipate the bird. I'd love your input on that area. Is it gauges? Functionality? . . .

Guest bigun

Christopher,Just completed my "maiden" flight with the 777 final release. In a word, fantastic! Everything works as advertised. The VC gauges are fluid, ( a little better than the LDS and not quite as good as the PMDG 747 to me). Autopilot, autoland, FMC, etc all worked perfectly. Framerates on my machine are better than ANY of the other complex aircraft out there. For the $$$ this aircraft is very much a bargain.

Guest bigun

Jason,In the past PSS has been pretty "standoffish" and arrogant and I've been buying there products since they first came on the scene.With this release I have to say they really have adapted a new business model in the way they deal with customers. They have been incredibly open and upfront and answered pretty much every question in a very professional manner. Even when the question has been asked 100 times before and I probably would have told the person to "take a hike:-wave

Guest aarskringspier

>The current state the PSS 777 is in is mediocre at best. I>honestly can't describe it but it's just not up to the level>of LDS or PMDG yet. I fly mainly from the VC and it's not>very good. The 2d panels look amazing, though. PSSs are>always very crisp and good looking. I dont know what 777 youre flying but it isnt the PSS 777. The VC is excellent, smooth guages, fully functional easy on the frames. This simulation is everybit as good as the PMDG and LDS offerings. All of them are different and model things in a unique way; PSS earned my business and trust with this one.

Guest Knikolaes

Killer :-) Now if only I could find a job that won't yell at me for being a full time college student . . .