Sign in to follow this  
MikeAR

P3D V3.3 Installation problems

Hello everyone,

I need some help solving a re-installation issue with P3D v3.3.

I have been using V2 for some time now and think its brilliant. However, I decided to bite the bullet and purchase V3. The original installation went ok and the program ran fine. Unfortunately, I did something which corrupted some files, and I was getting various messages:

1. Scenario file: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local|Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D_Default.fxml failed To Load. This could be due to a malformed XML. file.

2. This default scenario is corrupt. Please repair Prepar3D.

and

3. Prepar3D exe has stopped working.........CLOSE PROGRAM

I got in touch with Lockheed Martin P3D, who advised me to delete various files and re-install the program:

There are a few things I'd like you to try.

First, search %APPDATA% at the top of your Windows Explorer window. Go into the Lockheed Martin folder, and delete the Prepar3D v3 folder. Then try to launch Prepar3D.

Second, if that doesn't work, search %APPDATA% at the top of your Windows Explorer window. Go into the Lockheed Martin folder, and delete the Prepar3D v2 folder and Prepar3D v3 folder. Then try to launch Prepar3D.

Third, if neither of those things work, search %PROGRAMDATA% at the top of your Windows Explorer window. Go into the Lockheed Martin folder, and delete the Prepar3D v2 folder and Prepar3D v3 folder. Then try to launch Prepar3D.

Lastly, if nothing above works, uninstall everything pertaining Prepar3D from your Windows Uninstall Utility and attempt to reinstall Prepar3D.

Hope this helps,
The Prepar3D Team

Well I tried all the options and finally decided to of to the last option - uninstall P3D v3., and re-install it again.

I am now getting the following message:

This program can't start because api.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

seem to be going around in circles! It is very frustrating to pay US$199.00 and find that I cannot use the program. I am considering getting a refund and going back to P3D V2 again.

Any help would be appreciated!!!

MikeAR

1. Scenario file: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local|Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D_Default.fxml failed To Load. This could be due to a malformed XML. file.

The Quickest thing you could try is this.........

Go here   ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin  ► Prepar3D V3     And delete these 2 files  Prepar3D_Default.fxml  and  Prepar3D_Default.wx    Prepar3D will rebuild again when started 

Then Go here  Libraries ► Documents  ► Prepar3D v3 Files  and only Delete the files inside the folder Not the folder 

Try that.  

'MikeAR', on 21 Aug 2016 - 6:04 PM, said:

Sorry to be naive, but where can I locate my Libraries folder?

No Problem Mike, Only Delete the file (If Any) Inside.

28848833710_9b3ab48610_o.png

===========================================

If you cant find the Location of the Path below follow the image.................

Go here:    Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V3    And delete these 2 files Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx   Prepar3D will rebuild again when started

For windows 7 and 8 and 10 users, open your Control Panel and follow the path.

1 Control Panel ► Appearances and Personalisation ► 2 Show hidden files and folders. 3 Tick the circle, Click Apply and Ok

Click Pic to Make BIG

23445724373_3c3ae5170d_o.png

Hi

OK, on my Windows 10, system it comes up under This PC/Documents/......

I have found the Prepar3D v3 File folder, but there is nothing in it (perhaps deleted from my previous options).

I assume that I can now attempt to run the P3D file, or do I need to re-install P3D v3 again?

MikeAR

I assume that I can now attempt to run the P3D file, or do I need to re-install P3D v3 again?

No no just delete these 2 files  Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx  from the AppData Path i quoted When you start Prepar3D they will rebuild again as nice new ones.

Its the first step anyway,  Maybe this will help,  Maybe not  

Hello again..

I am attempting to run the setup application, and I have the option to un-install or repair...i have chosen repair,,,......so will see how this works..

MikeAR

Our messages crossed....I had already deleted the two files Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx  ......

I will let you know if it now runs...thanks for your assistance.

MikeAR

Mike,  for Future reference when you Delete these 2 files, Prepar3D will rebuild them when it starts,  There is no need to run a Repair after you delete these files.  Your original post lead me to belief that this file was corrupt.

Yes running a Repair can help "Sometimes" depending on the situation but next time you are faced with this problem (Same message),  Try deleting these 2 files first and starting Prepar3D and if that doesn't work,  Then yes you have to look at other Avenues    

Hello Poppet

Success! After carrying out everything suggested and then the repair process, I ran setup again, and hey presto - everything runs fine again. Thanks for your help and guidance...much appreciated.

MikeAR

• Upvote 1