Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Socata TB-9 and TB-10 from Just Flight released

Considering all the high end GA fans here at AVSIM, I was surprised to see that no-one has posted about this release, early on Sat. :smile:

Looks really nice, and a pretty low entry fee too.

It comes with F1 GTN650 integration but the developer has stated publically on another forum that they're planning to update it, to also offer GTN750 integration:-

http://www.justflight.com/product/tb10-tobago-and-tb20-trinidad

tb10-tobago-and-tb20-trinidad_64_ss_l_16

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Considering all the high end GA fans here at AVSIM, I was surprised to see that no-one has posted about this release, early on Sat. :smile:

Looks really nice, and a pretty low entry fee too.

It comes with F1 GTN650 integration but the developer has stated publically on another forum that they're planning to update it, to also offer GTN750 integration:-

Hi Bill

It really looks promising! If I only didn't have so many good GA airplanes already. But the GTN650 integration (which makes more sense than the large GTN750 for this type of aircraft) is quite tempting. And it represents the French way of designing an aircraft interior, which is a nice contrast to the the flood of more conventional American designs. I'm on the edge of purchasing it ...

Felix

Hi Bill

It really looks promising! If I only didn't have so many good GA airplanes already. But the GTN650 integration (which makes more sense than the large GTN750 for this type of aircraft) is quite tempting. And it represents the French way of designing an aircraft interior, which is a nice contrast to the the flood of more conventional American designs. I'm on the edge of purchasing it ...

Hey Felix, I agree that the 650 is a better fit, but I only own the 750, so if it had an integration option for that, I'd 100% of bought it already :smile:    I'm confident they'll add it.    Seems to have many features, checklists, model animations (oil cap opens etc).  Seems good value, and the engine sounds on the video sound fantastic.    I reckon I'll be flying this one soon :wink:

Bill

Hi Bill,

Someone did create a post:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/493686-tb-10-tobago-tb-20-trinidad-by-jf-released/

I'm also waiting to see if the GTN 750 will be supported.

Oops, sorry DJJose :smile:   I can't believe how quickly your thread got buried.  I checked 6 pages in, on the "new content" list, before (wrongly) concluding that no-one had posted about this release.

Very surprised at the lack of interest and enthusiasm about this one on AVSIM.  If it were Alabeo I bet there'd be a 6 page thread by now.   But there seems to be more on offer here than we'd get from an Alabeo release.

Bill

Hi all,

An update is now available for those of you who have already purchased the product - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/f9351be

• Engine start issues - fixed
  • Improvements to tow bar system
  • HSI and autopilot modified to improve functionality when the GPS is being used for navigation
  • Stormscope 2D panel improved - gauge bezel and controls added
  • Vapour lock - outside air temperature now affects likelihood of vapour lock occuring
  • 'Recharge battery' option added to refill menu
  • Engine management is now disabled by default and can be enabled using the add-on menu (More Info)

I'm obviously biased as the developer of the product, but the lack of interest/enthusiasm might be due to this being our first GA aircraft since the Flying Club Duchess back in 2009 (time flies!). Hopefully those of you who took the plunge are enjoying it, and be sure to send us any suggestions such as the GTN 750 requests so we can look into incorporating them.

Just to correct the thread title, the product features the TB-10 and TB-20 rather than the TB-9.

Thanks

Martyn - TB10/TB20 dev

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Am I reading the product requirement section incorrectly or does this product in fact require either FSX Acceleration or FSX Gold?

Am I reading the product requirement section incorrectly or does this product in fact require either FSX Acceleration or FSX Gold?

This is mentioned in the Update description:

- Legacy SimConnect module included for FSX:SE and Prepar3D users

so that would indicate that not only FSX-Accel is supported.

... are you asking about FSX-SP2 or something else?

Bert

I just took the plunge... V 102, based on the download file name.

This could be a nice airplane, if they fix some initial bugs..

- The GTN650 integration is incomplete.. needs some work

- The climb/descent function in the autopilot needs work

- The Gyro sounds are really annoying, but can be turned off, once you find out how..

Lets see what Just Flight support says..

• Upvote 1

Bert

hi bert. finally able to ask; how big is the interior.mdl? anything over 10 mb induces stutters on my system.

but I guess by the details of the aircraft is big... 

thanks!

paul

Thanks Bert

I have FSX SP2 only. I read it as if acceleration or Gold editions were required. Am I wrong?

hi bert. finally able to ask; how big is the interior.mdl? anything over 10 mb induces stutters on my system.

but I guess by the details of the aircraft is big... 

thanks!

paul

53 MB

Thanks Bert

I have FSX SP2 only. I read it as if acceleration or Gold editions were required. Am I wrong?

Not sure... hopefully Martyn can comment.. I use FSX-Accel

Bert

And it represents the French way of designing an aircraft interior, which is a nice contrast to the the flood of more conventional American designs.

I find the interior and VC of this aircraft (Lionheart version) very attractive and, I agree, a very pleasant contrast to the panels on US aircraft of which I have many in my hanger. Unlike some French cars which I have driven in the RW (Renaults and Peugeots) which are quite unique and quirky, the arrangements of the gauges and controls in the Trinidad all appear to be well thought out and very pilot friendly. I find myself flying this single quite a lot, mainly because of its quality and refreshing differences!

Bill

I haven't spent much time in it yet beyond poking around (hadn't gotten far enough to notice the bugs that Bert has mentioned), but it seems like a really nice complete package. Looked different enough from the rest of my XP/FSX/P3D hanger that I couldn't resist picking it up.

Am hoping to get some flights in it in the next few days.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.