Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Socata TB-9 and TB-10 from Just Flight released

I find the interior and VC of this aircraft (Lionheart version) very attractive and, I agree, a very pleasant contrast to the panels on US aircraft of which I have many in my hanger. Unlike some French cars which I have driven in the RW (Renaults and Peugeots) which are quite unique and quirky, the arrangements of the gauges and controls in the Trinidad all appear to be well thought out and very pilot friendly. I find myself flying this single quite a lot, mainly because of its quality and refreshing differences!

Bill

They are very well designed. Like a Cirrus before there was Cirrus in ergonomics.

I've got about 5 hours in a TB200GT (basically a TB-10). It's very wide for a 4 seater GA plane. The location of everything makes sense. I loved having the throttle right there on the center console. The switches are right above it for easy access and the center stack is well done.

I just took the plunge... V 102, based on the download file name.

This could be a nice airplane, if they fix some initial bugs..

- The GTN650 integration is incomplete.. needs some work

- The climb/descent function in the autopilot needs work

- The Gyro sounds are really annoying, but can be turned off, once you find out how..

Lets see what Just Flight support says..

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

This I can't resist... I got my PPL in a TB-9 at KFME... :-))

Posted too fast... looks like the OP misspoke. It's a TB-10 & 20, but no TB-9  :mad:

This I can't resist... I got my PPL in a TB-9 at KFME... :-))

Posted too fast... looks like the OP misspoke. It's a TB-10 & 20, but no TB-9  :mad:

I think the only major difference is the TB-9 is 160hp vs. 180 (or 200 for the GT).

Same airframe.

Apologies for the error in the title, re: TB-9.    Obviously beyond the initial posting timeframe, I cannot edit. Sorry :good:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

And the TB-10 is variable pitch vs the 9's fixed pitch prop.

That too.

Lovely plane, lovely video. Where is that scenery? Looks a nice place to fly and I love the vegetation. 

I am buying this ... with such stunning VC and some actual engine and other systems modelled I have to. I've had enough of planes I can blast around the sky, like my A2A aircraft I want to care for my planes lovingly and worry about failures ... while I blast them around the sky! 

Lovely plane, lovely video.

Can't find the video, where is it please?

I just took the plunge... V 102, based on the download file name.

This could be a nice airplane, if they fix some initial bugs..

- The GTN650 integration is incomplete.. needs some work

- The climb/descent function in the autopilot needs work

- The Gyro sounds are really annoying, but can be turned off, once you find out how..

Lets see what Just Flight support says..

Thanks for the feedback.

We followed the GTN SDK provided by Flight1 but we are looking into the information that you've provided.

The climb/descent mode on the KAP 150 appears to be working correctly here but we'll investigate further. Just to confirm, in the VC you need to left-click and hold to move the rocker switch to the DN (down) position and right-click and hold to move the rocker switch to the UP position. The mouse-wheel cannot be used. For the 2D panel, left-click and hold on either the DN or UP section of the rocker switch. With altitude hold engaged the rocker switch will command a +500 ft/min climb (UP) or -500 ft/min descent (DN). With altitude hold disengaged the rocker switch controls the pitch hold value.

If anyone else finds the gyro sounds annoying, please refer to this FAQ - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/54c69b3

Can't find the video, where is it please?

The video is on the product page, our YouTube channel and Facebook page.

Lovely plane, lovely video. Where is that scenery? Looks a nice place to fly and I love the vegetation. 

I am buying this ... with such stunning VC and some actual engine and other systems modelled I have to. I've had enough of planes I can blast around the sky, like my A2A aircraft I want to care for my planes lovingly and worry about failures ... while I blast them around the sky! 

The scenery is CZST Stewart Airport from Orbx.

Thanks Bert

I have FSX SP2 only. I read it as if acceleration or Gold editions were required. Am I wrong?

After a couple of issues with other products in the past we have started playing it safe by stating FSX Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition as a requirement (the SDK and SimConnect modules were updated slightly versus FSX SP2). With regards to the TB10/TB20, I suspect that it'd work fine with just FSX SP2 but I can't confirm that as I don't have access to a PC with that setup. We are happy to provide refunds on download products so if you are keen to try the product, you could always purchase it and then request a refund if you encounter problems.

Martyn - Just Flight

Thanks for your support and quick update ! it´s a lovely plane.

Now i´m just waiting for GTN 750 integration :wink: 

Regards, Lars

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

Thanks for the feedback.

We followed the GTN SDK provided by Flight1 but we are looking into the information that you've provided.

The climb/descent mode on the KAP 150 appears to be working correctly here but we'll investigate further. Just to confirm, in the VC you need to left-click and hold to move the rocker switch to the DN (down) position and right-click and hold to move the rocker switch to the UP position. The mouse-wheel cannot be used. For the 2D panel, left-click and hold on either the DN or UP section of the rocker switch. With altitude hold engaged the rocker switch will command a +500 ft/min climb (UP) or -500 ft/min descent (DN). With altitude hold disengaged the rocker switch controls the pitch hold value.

If anyone else finds the gyro sounds annoying, please refer to this FAQ - http://www.justflight.com/support/tb10-tb20/54c69b3

The video is on the product page, our YouTube channel and Facebook page.

The scenery is CZST Stewart Airport from Orbx.

After a couple of issues with other products in the past we have started playing it safe by stating FSX Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition as a requirement (the SDK and SimConnect modules were updated slightly versus FSX SP2). With regards to the TB10/TB20, I suspect that it'd work fine with just FSX SP2 but I can't confirm that as I don't have access to a PC with that setup. We are happy to provide refunds on download products so if you are keen to try the product, you could always purchase it and then request a refund if you encounter problems.

Martyn,

Do you think you will have support for the GTN 750 before the sale ends or will JF extend the sale?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks for responding!

Can you clarify how the rocker switch is used with ALT set to off?

Is it also click and hold... or multiple clicks? 

Will all respect, it is confusing, that the rocker switch is actuated differently in the VC than in the popup window..  Why not make it "left-click and hold on either the DN or UP section of the rocker switch" for both  :smile:

.. and enable the mouse wheel or disable it entirely!  If I try to use the mouse wheel with ALT off, the VSI goes to -2000 and refuses to budge from there..

Thanks!  I found the information in the manual.. but my question is actually whether it is possible to start the airplane from a saved state with the GTN selected, and the Gyro sounds set to off?

Or do I have to go to the add-on menu (twice) to select my preferred options before each flight?

Bert

Thanks for responding!

Can you clarify how the rocker switch is used with ALT set to off?

Is it also click and hold... or multiple clicks? 

Will all respect, it is confusing, that the rocker switch is actuated differently in the VC than in the popup window..  Why not make it "left-click and hold on either the DN or UP section of the rocker switch" for both  :smile:

.. and enable the mouse wheel or disable it entirely!  If I try to use the mouse wheel with ALT off, the VSI goes to -2000 and refuses to budge from there..

The rocker switch is click & hold with altitude hold off (pitch hold) as well. Multiple clicks allow you to make smaller inputs though.

Unfortunately various limitations and quirks exist with the mouserect system that is used in the modeldef and gauge. We'll look at possible ways of improving usability within those limitations.

Martyn,

Do you think you will have support for the GTN 750 before the sale ends or will JF extend the sale?

It's possible that it'll be available before the end of the sale but it's not a certainty. If the sale ends before the GTN 750 is integrated then we'll be happy to offer you the discount if you get in touch.

Martyn - Just Flight

The rocker switch is click & hold with altitude hold off (pitch hold) as well. Multiple clicks allow you to make smaller inputs though.

This is what I see:

When the autopilot is first switched on, it is in Pitch hold mode, and the rocker operates as you describe.

If ALT is engaged, Pitch hold is switched off, and the + - 500 ft/min works as described.

However, if ALT is now switched off again, Pitch hold is not re-engaged and the rocker does not work.. :sad:

Bert