Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Socata TB-9 and TB-10 from Just Flight released

This...

Bert,

Have tried using the RXP gns 430 unit in fsx?

The 430 should hold me off until gtn 750support.

TKS

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Bert,

Have tried using the RXP gns 430 unit in fsx?

The 430 should hold me off until gtn 750support.

TKS

That is not the way to go.. the RXP unit does not work in this panel (unless Just Flight were to support it).

Bert

Can't find the video, where is it please?

Click on the link provided by the OP, it should start straight away. :)

@Bert - where an autopilot in FSX/P3D uses an alt hold, with a pitch hold (rather than VS), it's a known FSX/P3D bug that when the ALT mode is disengaged, the pitch mode is not restored - in fact all vertical AP modes are removed in that case, and you'll find your trim button on your yoke will thus be working!

I personally get around this by assigning the AP_ATT_HOLD (I think it is called) in FSUIPC assignments , to a key, and I activate this after turning off ALT mode on such autopilots.   This restores the pitch hold mode ....... BUT...... for some reason it then cancels the lateral mode!!! .... so that needs to be re-engaged too.

Give it a try.   Bloody frustrating, but this occurs to my knowledge in all Carenado, Alabeo, etc, models that use pitch hold.

So, to give it a process flow :-

- AP ON: Pitch automatically held (and adjustable via UP/DN knobs)

- ALT ON

- ALT OFF:  Pitch mode is not restored.  no vertical mode and your yoke will be active for pitch

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Bill, this is no doubt true, but it is not the user who should correct for this.

This should, and can be dealt with within the autopilot code  :smile:

Example in my Baron autopilot:

<Click>
       (A:Autopilot Nav1 Lock,bool) (>L:NAV,bool)
       (A:Autopilot Altitude Lock,bool) (>L:ALT,bool)
       (A:Autopilot Heading Lock,bool) (>L:HDG,bool)
       0 (>K:AP_ALT_HOLD)
       (L:ALT,bool) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON) }
       (L:NAV,bool) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:AP_NAV1_HOLD_ON) }
       (L:HDG,bool) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:AP_HDG_HOLD_ON) }
       </Click>
  • Upvote 2

Bert

Well I am an FSX SP2 and this looks like a cool plane so I took the plunge. 

Sad to say I am having many issues. 

PERFORMANCE 

Way off the book for both the 10 and 20. 

TB10 - 4000 feet cruise, max gross, ISA - 23.6 MP / 2500 RPM is delivering 141 KIAS - should be 125. EGT gauge is peaked at the top

Climb is similarly overpowered. Trying to do a 78 KIAS climb requires almost 20 degree nose up and pegs the VSI at +2000

TB20 - 4500 feet cruise, max gross, ISA - 22.5 MP / 2500 RPM delivers 160 KIAS and should be 147. 

Same overpowered climb and pegged EGT gauge.

AUTOPILOT

Pressing the NAV/GPS button doesn't illuminate the selected mode on the switch. 

GPS NAV mode doesn't work. When in NAV mode the AP turns and flies due north, regardless of the DTK shown in the GNS430. 

ODD BEHAVIOR

The plane shakes while sitting on the ground and turned off. It's the same shake as when the engine is running. 

The prop turns when the engine is off. Just a constant slow rotation, about 4 RPM. 

So, based on what I am seeing, it looks like it is not compatible with FSX SP2. Sure is a pretty plane though!

Martyn, can you please give me instructions for getting a refund? 

Eddie
KABQ

A few real-world TB10 pilots are currently working with our FDE developer and an updated FDE should be available within the next day or two to improve the realism of the TB10 flight dynamics and performance. 

The NAV/GPS button has a tooltip which should show which mode is active. With GPS mode selected and NAV hold engaged, the autopilot is correctly tracking the GNS 430 route on my PC. We are currently improving the autopilot functionality (pitch hold not re-engaging as mentioned above and GTN compatibility).

I am at a loss as to what could cause the cockpit vibrations and prop rotation with the engine off. The code only triggers vibrations if the engine is running or being started (I assume the ignition is also off and there are no signs of an attempted start?). I'm not aware of anything in that code which requires FSX Acceleration/Gold/Steam but as no-one else has reported the issue and we've not encountered it during many months of testing, it might well be caused by only having SP2.

Please contact our support team for a refund or anything else related to an order - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

That is not the way to go.. the RXP unit does not work in this panel (unless Just Flight were to support it).

We contacted Reality XP to request details for integration but they didn't respond. As it is not compatible with P3D and FSX:SE we decided not to pursue that option further, however if there is sufficient demand then we could look into it again.

We have already spoken to the chaps at Flight1 about integrating their upcoming GNS 430 which looks excellent and should work in all sims like the GTN.

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Bill, this is no doubt true, but it is not the user who should correct for this.

This should, and can be dealt with within the autopilot code  :smile:

Example in my Baron autopilot:

<Click>
       (A:Autopilot Nav1 Lock,bool) (>L:NAV,bool)
       (A:Autopilot Altitude Lock,bool) (>L:ALT,bool)
       (A:Autopilot Heading Lock,bool) (>L:HDG,bool)
       0 (>K:AP_ALT_HOLD)
       (L:ALT,bool) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:AP_ATT_HOLD_ON) }
       (L:NAV,bool) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:AP_NAV1_HOLD_ON) }
       (L:HDG,bool) 0 != if{ 0 (>K:AP_HDG_HOLD_ON) }
       </Click>

Great point, agree absolutely Bert.

You should advertise your services as Avionics consultant for developers, as your insight into such matters is probably way deeper than that of most developers.   I enjoy so many of my aircraft, so much more, with your avionics mods installed. :good:

==============

Well, I could not wait for the 750 update any longer, so I took the plunge.  I love this plane!  It is up there with the Alabeo Seminole as one of my favourite current GA aircraft in the sim.   There is so much on offer.  For those having issues with the AP, are you performing the TEST function on the AP, before using it?   It is actually coded to be a requirement in this plane :smile:     I really haven't had any issues to speak of.  The ambient cockpit custom sounds are wonderful - very high quality and immersive.  It feels a very organic aircraft to me.

It will of course be better with the GTN750 in there, instead of the default GNS430 mask. (I don't own the 650).  And perhaps even better again with the new forthcoming F1 GNS430 in there - perhaps a more realistic application for these aircraft.

Congratulations Martyn / JF - this feels a very welcome and lovingly crafted alternative to all the Alabeo/Carenado GA models we get.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I must say that Martyn's input, openness, and ability to respond well to criticism is excellent! As such, the tone of this thread is positive and calm.

I also have the TB10/20 pack, though I just haven't had the time to look at it in too much detail so far.

All your input is only going to make the package better, so thanks to you all!

A

• Upvote 2

Excellent thread all around, as befitting a well-done package. It's always pleasing to see developers taking an active role in responding and improving a new release, makes me feel that much more comfortable in jumping into a new release immediately, rather than adopting a wait n' see approach. :smile:

I still haven't had much time to appreciate these additions to my hangar, but it looks like that by the time I do, all the little unforeseen issues will have been straightened out!

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I also clicked the "BUY DOWNLOAD NOW" button in the meantime. My first few circuits around my home airfield were quite exciting. This latest JF creation really offers a lot and I also appreciate Martyn's fast reaction and support very much!

I noticed a few things which might be taken into account for the next update:

I noticed some optical interference in the front window, which makes flying this aircraft quite tiring for the eyes. Initially, I had suspected that it might be a DX10 incompatibility, but the effect is the same in DX9 mode.

A small "problem" for all EZDOK users is the missing atc_model definition in the aircraft.cfg. This leads to the situation that you have to define (or copy) an EZDOK profile for each livery. Defining the atc_model as either TB10 or TB20, respectively, would solve this little problem.

Thirdly, I noticed quite a heavy FPS impact with this addon (almost as much as Flight1's Cessna Mustang). This is surprising and I don't see any obvious reason, as there are no sophisticated and resource-intensive flat screens in operation.

Finally, I was not able to assign a joystick button to "AP off", which I usually do with every addon. Somehow, JF uses a different code for the AP off function.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Felix

Thanks for the kind words.

and ability to respond well to criticism is excellent! 

After ten years working in this industry (my entire adult life!) I am very used to criticism  :P

I noticed some optical interference in the front window

This isn't something that I've come across. Can you try removing the four 'Glass...' dds files from inside \Airplanes\JF_Socata_TB20\texture (move them to another folder outside of FSX/P3D) and then check to see if you get the same problem?

A small "problem" for all EZDOK users is the missing atc_model definition in the aircraft.cfg

Thanks for reporting this. I'll get it added to the next version (I'm an EZDOK user so I'm not sure how I didn't spot that).

Thirdly, I noticed quite a heavy FPS impact with this addon (almost as much as Flight1's Cessna Mustang).

The aircraft has a total of 10 'digital displays', a very detailed model and large textures which will all impact upon performance but this shouldn't be an FPS heavy aircraft. We'll look into this.

Finally, I was not able to assign a joystick button to "AP off"

Are you referring to the 'Autopilot master (on/off)' assignment or a different one? The autopilot master assignment is set up to control the KAP 150 engage button.

Martyn - Just Flight

I must say that Martyn's input, openness, and ability to respond well to criticism is excellent! As such, the tone of this thread is positive and calm.

Very much agree.. there is much to like here and with a bit of polishing, this could become a really nice addition to my hangar B)

Bert