Sign in to follow this  
JYW

Socata TB-9 and TB-10 from Just Flight released

Just a few bug reports, that may be of use to Martyn JF.   All of these are from using the TB-10 (I haven't flown the TB-20 yet) :-

• On the CDI, the "Nav" Flag (no signal received) stays visible, even when a VOR is tuned, valid, and reflected on the CDI needle. (The flag extinguishes with a GPS course, so the problem is just with VOR use).

4410.jpg

• For me, the NAV function of the AP is not working in either GPS or NAV mode.  The aircraft captures neither course. I am wondering if this is due to a conflict between the NAV/GPS button (below the yoke) and the CDI button on the GPS.
  • The Audio Panel does not emit a morse tone, for a tuned NAV, even when the corresponding NAV button is pressed on the audio panel.
  • The TB10 seems very over-powered on climb.  With a 58% fuel load and two passengers, it is climbing at 1700FPM in order to maintain the published climb speed of 75kts at the published climb power setting.   I have temporarily adjusted the [Prop Scalar] entry of the CFG to 0.78, and this gives numbers closer to those published in the manual.
  • There is very little audible reduction in the RPM of the engine when the Prop lever is pulled back (even back to 2000RPM).  I believe this is down to the Sound.cfg settings, rather than anything to do with the audio itself.

That's about it.  Even with these issues, I'm still enjoying it.  Very immersive little plane :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I'm glad you are enjoying it!

The HSI and autopilot functionality will be improved in the next update, as will the TB10 FDE as mentioned earlier in the thread. The NAV function should work correctly if you are using the GNS 430 though. I also can't reproduce the audio panel issue. The morse tone is audible when a valid frequency is tuned in and the NAV 1 or 2 button is pressed on the audio panel. Can you contact our support team so we can investigate those further? http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

I'll ask TSS to look into the RPM audio issue.

Martyn - Just Flight

Further update:-

• The issue with the RPM audio change not occurring when pulling back the props, occurs only in the TB-10.  The TB-20 is fine is this regard.  (Perhaps the aircraft or sound.cfg for the TB10 is accidentally set up for a fixed pitch prop?).
  • I've flown another 6 flights today, and still can't for the life of me get any capture under NAV on the AP (VOR or GPS). That's in both the TB10 and TB20.   I suspect it's connected to the NAV FLAG not going out, when a VOR FREQ is tuned.
  • I've flown 4 ILS approaches and have had no GS indication on the CDI, for any of them.
  • As Bert reported, the pitch up/dn works ok initially, but once ALT is selected, and then turned off, there is no pitch control at all.  The pitch axes becomes free again, but in this aircraft, the trim wheel is remaining locked out. So the only way to climb or descend after you've disengaged ALT, is by pulling/pushing the yoke and holding it deflected.

Bill

Thanks for the update on the audio issue.

Although I can't reproduce the NAV or GS issues with the GNS 430 in use, the next update (due for release in the next 2-3 days) makes numerous changes to the autopilot and HSI so hopefully that will resolve these issues for you.

One of the changes to the autopilot in the update is that pitch hold now re-engages if no other vertical modes are selected.

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Thanks for the update on the audio issue.

Although I can't reproduce the NAV or GS issues with the GNS 430 in use, the next update (due for release in the next 2-3 days) makes numerous changes to the autopilot and HSI so hopefully that will resolve these issues for you.

One of the changes to the autopilot in the update is that pitch hold now re-engages if no other vertical modes are selected.

Thanks Martyn.

One thing I admittedly haven't tried yet, is a re-install.  So I'll give that a try today, in case I have a corrupted gauge file somewhere. Cheers!

Bill

[EDIT]:-   Tried a re-install. No luck, all the problems still remain.   I suspect this is a Simconnect problem.  I am using FSX:SE and have all 3 legacy Simconnects installed and haven't seen any Simconnect issues with other aircraft.    I noticed that the JF installer installs a version of Simconnect. Which version is this?

What we really need to know, is whether any other users are having the issues with AP NAV not working (GPS or VOR), or whether it's just at my end.

Any luck guys?

Bill

[EDIT]:-   Tried a re-install. No luck, all the problems still remain.   I suspect this is a Simconnect problem.  I am using FSX:SE and have all 3 legacy Simconnects installed and haven't seen any Simconnect issues with other aircraft.    I noticed that the JF installer installs a version of Simconnect. Which version is this?

What we really need to know, is whether any other users are having the issues with AP NAV not working (GPS or VOR), or whether it's just at my end.

Any luck guys?

I am flying FSX-MS, so cannot help..

Bert

Updates have been mentioned several times.  Where can I find them?  I looked in My Account and on the sales page, didn't see anything.

We are all waiting.. but based on the test version that I have seen, it is definitely getting the attention it deserves.. :smile:

Bert

Updates have been mentioned several times.  Where can I find them?  I looked in My Account and on the sales page, didn't see anything.

You can always find the latest version of the product in your Just Flight account. The update listed in the support section of our website is already available in your account, however the second update that is mentioned in the last few pages of this thread is not yet available. We are just adding Flight1 GTN 750 integration and then we will be releasing the update, hopefully within the next few days.

2fKtWrC85.jpg

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

Better double check the GTN 750 dimensions..

Physical dimensions   6.25"W x 6.00"H

Bert

Still WIP but the dimensions will match the real unit and F1 SDK.

• Upvote 2

Martyn - Just Flight

You can always find the latest version of the product in your Just Flight account. The update listed in the support section of our website is already available in your account, however the second update that is mentioned in the last few pages of this thread is not yet available. We are just adding Flight1 GTN 750 integration and then we will be releasing the update, hopefully within the next few days.

2fKtWrC85.jpg

Just checked My Account again and see nothing about an update at all.  Delighted to hear you are going forward with the GTN750!! This is important to me.

Thx for the fast and useful reply, so different from one of your competitors who will never see another penny from me.  I was suspecting I was missing it due to not properly understanding your site.  So looking forward to the GTN750 as it was a major factor in my decision to purchase as I already had the very nice recent version from Lionheart, who confirmed they would not be adding the GTN