Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Posting Your Age - 45

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All, Well, to all you 'youngins' out there, enjoy your youth, hehe, cause like fame, it's fleeting and will be gone before you know it. Ahhh, those younger years, when I think of them with joy, I also get a chringe of panic to remember of how many times I've nearly done myself in with aircraft, race cars, women who wanted to kill me , and all the other stupid things that we do as kids that we so fondly remember. Whew! what a ride!Then again, I'm not so sure with age we get any smarter, OH, we know better, we just choose not to pay attention to that little voice in our heads that says . . .'ok, stupid, this isn't what you want to be doing'. Today was a good instance. I have a young stud colt, 3yrs old, still in training for barrel racing, (I'm now almost 59 years old), and I took him out to the pipeline, (gas pipeline buried in the forest, about a twenty yard path for miles, up and down hills where you can really let a horse out if you care to), he wanted to run sooooo bad. But no, I held him in check for most of the ride. about a mile from home I said, "oh, why not," gave him his head and off like a streak we went -- whew he's fast. Now, keep in mind, he's young, a wee bit stupid still and a wee bit spooky alot. At full stride this buck deer pops out of the forest and scares the living poop out of him. the horse went left, I went right and the deer ran back into the forest. I lay there for a moment to make sure I was still alive, checked all the vital parts and hmmm, I was ok -- it should have killed me. Got back on ole young and stupid and rode home.And I'll bet you anything, I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING! Enjoy your youth kids . . . cause when its gone, and you do something stupid, it's tough to operate the next day LOL.Best to allclay

Guest SoarPics

39... again. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.Greg

>Stereotyping? My Assembly/C programming instructor was>probably well over 50 and he was like a computer guru...so not>all old farts are computer illiterate. Just an example.50?????...old ####???...:-eek Guess I'm really over the hill now at the ripe old age of 51! :-lol

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Guest Rockcliffe

I've always thought that one of the most amazing things about our hobby that age, gender, nationality and any other pigeon-hole type category doesn't matter. What bonds us all is our love of flying and flightsim. So, no, I don't think age is relevant to any post.BlairCYOWOh, yeah.... 42

Thanks for your posting Capt B. "...we all recognize the value of teamwork in our collaborataive efforts." Then the effort in our forums is to enjoy this hobby, where we collaborate to make it so. I too have learned from those younger and older. I also cherish the differences because it helps broad the perspectives. My son, a HS senior this year, wants to attend your alma mater. Here's wishing his dreams come true. Regards,Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

46 - hmm actually allready closer to 47.Wolfgangeditet, because I really got my age wrong!!! :-lol :-lol :-lol

Guest KChapman

Ok, Clay. It's the morning after. :-doh How ya' feelin???:-badteeth Kevin

Guest daveg4otu

>Guess I'm really over the hill now at the ripe old age of 51!>:-lol Where's that put me then?Dave(LXII)

Guest glnflwrs

Well, I'm 52 and I am not old. Besides that, when you're "over the hill" you get to coast the rest of the way.I don't believe that posting of one's age would really be that helpful in determining the value of their information. Besides, after a reading an individual's replies in various threads you get an idea as to the value of their contribution, definately as to their maturity, and, sometimes, an insight to what their age might be. Not always accurate but it happens none the less.Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

Guest ba747heavy

I am 18. I don't know the perception of my age but I would like to think I maintain an air of some kind of maturity. I am thankful this hobby doesn't disclude the younger lots simply because they are young. The young and young actors get discluded because of there interactions with people.

I agree, it really adds nothing, it would not stop the irritability some people show when answering some postings. That really is a character issue that the irritated person needs to deal with by learning a little patience and compassion for his fellow man. All I can really see coming from it is some of those with an age bias merely skimming or attacking others on age. I have seen arguements in which an older person has attacked a younger person because he felt that being older ment that the younger person wasn't as "wise" in the subject. And conversely, I've seen younger people think that the knowledge of an older person must be "outdated" and "archaiac". To me, experience in the subject is the key. Age holds no relevance on knowledge and experience in a subject. Well, except for things like real world aviation hands-on experience since you must be atleast 17 to get your private , 19 for commercial, and 21 for ATP.----------------------------------------------------------------John S. MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private 130+ hrs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest Whisperjet

>>>Guess I'm really over the hill now at the ripe old age of>51!>>:-lol >>> Where's that put me then?>>Dave(LXII)Dave,Put's you down the other side of the hill scraping the ground with one foot :-roll LOL!?!Oh yeh!, I'm still climbing the hill after 46 years of trying Heh Heh!

Guest Toph

Oh Yeah, Well at the ripe old age of 75,guess that puts me underground,and dont say thats where I should be!! there is a lot of mileage left in me yet.Chris Fry

Guest daveg4otu

Chris - you make me feel like a young lad!Dave

Guest Ken_Salter

Without revelaing my age I can say that if society was based on Logan's Run, I would have already been on Carousel. Now if that doesn't put an age on me I don't know what would! :-lol