Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Posting Your Age - 45

Logan's Run! Loved those transporters in your room with the great menu selection. Don't worry, you, like me, would have already been born again. :)Thanks for the posting.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest jdu

15 right here. I like talking to people that are older than me. "Age brings wisdom" you know.

Guest btrpilot

Exactly. I just turned 17, and I think one of the coolest things about this community is that everyone is treated equal, everybody meets on the same level. The 'adults' are enjoy FS because for most of them flying is a fasination they've had from childhood, and the kids enjoy FS also because flying is a fasination they've had from.. well.. childhood.I enjoy scenery design, and it's great to know that when I ask one of the scenery gurus on the scenery design forum a question, I'll never hear "go away kid." If only the real world was the same way.. Imagine how far us kids could get in life. I always wonder why people are shocked when they hear that another top aircraft or scenery developer is actually a 15 year old kid. We're capable far more if only adults is the 'real' world gave us the same respect as they do each other. Brandon RuizEvents Coordinator/VA LiasonvDenver ARTCCwww.denartcc.orgScenery Manager SkiAir Virtual Airlines"Serving the ski areas of the Rockies"www.pookiedom.com/skiair

Brandon>The 'adults' are enjoy FS because for most of them flying is a >fasination they've had from childhood, and the kids enjoy FS also >because flying is a fasination they've had from.. well.. childhoodI think you've just hit one of the most important nails in this community. And with an excellent twist as well. Kudos! Bravo!Cheers,

Brandon,Innovation mostly comes from youth. The original intent of the posting was not to exclude anyone of any age, but to give one the option to do so. I'm sure you would agree that options are tightly related to freedom of choice. It could be said that this option would be kin to separate forums for separate topics. Appreciate your posting.Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Guest contaegious

Hey!!15 here also!!

Would get outdated rather quickly, don't you think?I'll celebrate my next birthday in under 2 months for example (or so I'd hope, you can never be certain).I'm "mid 30s", as they say.

Guest beana51

I have to agree,age should not be a factor,but rather a persons knowledge,experiences, talents,and just his opinion.I personally found many people ,while chronologically very young,very mature in their demeanor and logic.The same for many older types,who still have their youth in their mind and hearts seasoned by experance.The concept of "I'm older than you so I know better,or I'm younger than you so I know better" is not a fair,or valid, evaluation of a persons thinking.This is most true in Aviation.The traditional young fighter pilots,and the mid age line captains.All have valuable input to the ever young story of Aviation.. How old am I ,you may ask?,Why,at 74, I often wonder my self and often have to be reminded to act my age? VIN ;-) PS: They say, the second think to go is your memory,when asked whats the first,I reply I Forgot.

Guest LahaskaFlyer

I think you might be able to guess if we posted what kind of plane we own and what kind of car we drive. That would leave age discrimination out of the equation. Jack WilsonBucks County, PA

Yeah, I turned 21 4 days after my original posting and as of now I've been 22 for 6 days. Age is such a relative term though as one poster last year pointed out. Some people mature fast, some mature slowly, some just never mature. I know 60 year olds that still can't seem to get it together and intentionally start bar brawls.I did laugh today though, I saw a new bumper sticker on one of the cars in the parking lot (atleast new to me). It read: "Geriatric Delinquent".----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest christianholmes

Instead of age, what if we posted:1) How long you've been using Flight Sim(any version).2) If/How long you've been a real world pilot/ATC/Mechanic etc.I know a 24 year old who's a CFII with 2000 hours. I'm a 33 year old student pilot- so age in a hobby is irrelevant. Experience however, is very relevant.

Considering that several have attacked my credibility before, I've found that neither really matters anyway in the forums. Here, people will believe who they wish to believe, regardless of the reality. The best thing one can do is back things up with their words and actions here in the forums.I've been using Flight Simulator since one of the early versions back when I was 8. Then years later upgraded to FS5 around the time I hit 4th grade. Moved on to FS5.1, then 95, then 98 then switched to the Fly! series until FS2004.By all accounts from realatives and friends of the family, I've been an aviation enthusiast pretty much from the day my mother put me in this world (my first flight was when I was 2 weeks old and apparently I was fascinated with the plane) and forever transfixed by any aircraft that would fly overhead. My room was always littered with posters of aircraft.I've been a FAA certified private pilot since March 11th of 2004 and am working on my commercial, but injuries, vacations, and lack of funds have pretty much stalemated that endevor for the moment.Most of my simulated flying reflects my training, flying around in my local area so I learn on the actual approaches I'll be seeing to airports I have flown to. Some times my flights are to relive particularly memorable flights I have done in the real-world, such as my 250nm X-C from Spokane International (KGEG) to Portland-Hillsboro (KHIO). The rest of my flights generally take place surrounding my fictional air chrarter service in Alaska on FS Economy and the BFU forums.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

My age is my business and no one else's here.