Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Issue with the Xtremeprototypes Lear in P3D...anyone else?

P3D v.3.3.5, win7 64bit, 970 + i5

There are a lot of defects in the VC model, for example floating objects outside the cockpit window and invisible cabin door. Also when i apply thrust reversers the how screen flashes random polygons.  I opened a support ticket with them as well. 

lear1.png

lear2.png

lear3.png

lear4.png

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Yes, I have the same issues. Opened support inquiry and was told it's a bug with P3D and to resolve the solution is to turn OFF OPTIMIZE_PARTS in the prepar3D.cfg.

That's not a solution for me as that setting helps considerably with other aircraft.

It is what it is I guess, would have been nice to know before purchase.

Cheers Rob

Kinda funny how many people don't read the manual (I'm not saying I always do either)

I'm a bit sad about the loss of optimize parts too - fps drop for my other acft

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Kinda funny how many people don't read the manual

As of the date of my purchase there was NO information regarding this issue on the web site or in the "sample" manual, it's only something that could be discovered post purchase.

Cheers, Rob.

I heard about it from ADX - but ya makes sense you'd think they would post that info on their site

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The developer responded to me and the answer is the same as Rob had suggested. However they offered the following which I think may be a valid workaround:

If you don't want to make the above modification to the "Prepar3D.cfg"

file, you can install the FSX version in Prepar3D v3.x

Jason

The Optimize parts solution made a very significant FPS loss for me with some of my other aircraft. I turned the Optimize parts back on a created a Lear 25D cfg, for when I wanted to fly the Lear. I think I am going to try Jason's solution and see what happens.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Sweet I'll try the fsx install

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I installed the FSX version and it works with the optimize parts turned on. The only functionality that i have lost is the click spots for dis arming the trust reversers do not work. They stay armed and they do deploy normally. Thanks Jason.

Greg

Greg Morin

The only functionality that i have lost is the click spots for dis arming the trust reversers do not work.

You actually lose a LOT more than that...Emerg light switch, GEN reset switches, and many other etc........So installing the FSX version is not a good solution.

Jason

Rats! Was hoping that would work

Well maybe they can optimize the P3D version... It is quite tough on performance

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You actually lose a LOT more than that...Emerg light switch, GEN reset switches, and many other etc........So installing the FSX version is not a good solution.

Jason,

Guess I will have to check it out closer. The generators did come on line but I did not use the reset.

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Morin

Hmm...I don't understand why there would be a P3D version that requires you to turn off Optimize Parts...I don't know of any other made for P3D product that requires this change to work properly. It's not like an fsx port to P3d, it's a P3D version. What would be the reason for needing to disable this setting (and I guess, why wouldn't the dev want to take advantage of the considerable boost that Optimize Parts brings?).

I'm not a coder so I'm genuinely asking this...it looks amazing but I wonder if this is an issue the dev is actually going to address of if it's felt that this is "fine" as is.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

That's really too bad. I was very close to buying this as it looks great in the pictures... but if a buyer pays for a P3D version, it should at least work with default P3D settings.

I just went on their site under the faq for this product  http://xtremeprototypes.com/en/faq_GLJ25SE.asp and it says:

Is the GLJ Model 25 SE addon compatible with Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®?
Yes. The GLJ Model 25 SE addon is optimized for the latest versions of Lockheed® Martin Prepar3D® v3.x, v2.x and v1.x. The version for Prepar3D® v3.x is a native version. Make sure that you install the correct addon version for your simulation platform.

But it seems to me that's a bit of a false claim that it is optimized for all the P3D versions if you have to turn off a pretty significant (and now default) cfg setting...

I do want to buy it but this does give me pause. Has the dev indicated anything about addressing this issue? I can't seem to find a support forum specifically on their site that might speak to this.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10