Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Issue with the Xtremeprototypes Lear in P3D...anyone else?

It's a beautiful aircraft and flies like a dream. I love it with the GTN 750. I'm sure that they will get a fix for this problem soon.  

They've done a great job with it and I like the solution of just making a .cfg file to use when I am ready to fly it.  That's not too much trouble for me until they get the update released, which I'm sure will be soon.

Anyone that doesn't buy this and wants a good LearJet, is missing out on a great simulation. 

Has the dev indicated anything about addressing this issue? I can't seem to find a support forum specifically on their site that might speak to this.

It does say in the manual that they are working on this problem.

I just bought this and simply installed the fsx version into P3D.  Other than a few switches not working, which by the way aren't needed for anything as far as I can tell, it works just fine.  I was on the fence too over the last couple days, but this seems like the best temporary solution for now.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Gentlemen, FYI this was the developer's response to me regarding this issue:

The only differences between the FSX version and the Prepar3D version are:

1.       Switches that do not perform any specific function in the sim are not animated to limit the numbers of animations in the interior model due to the optimization issue.

2.       The sun visors are not slidable.

3.       The armrests on the pilot’s seats are not animated.

These differences have no impact on the simulation and don’t affect any of the flight procedures described in section 7 to 9 of the manual. Other functions and systems are the same on both platforms.

The main reason why there are more animations and visibility tags in the GLJ Model 25 SE is because this addon uses fully modeled 3D instruments which contain many “mechanical” parts that are movable like those installed in the real aircraft. Most addons on the market use projected (flat) 2D gauges which contain no 3D animations (or visibility tags in the case of lights). More modern aircraft also have less analog instruments that are replaced by large screens or glass cockpits, which substantially reduce the number of animations in the cockpit.

The GLJ Model 25 aircraft in from the 1970’s period and contains a large number of annunciators and analog instruments. We’ve decided not to use flat 2D gauges in the cockpit for a number of reasons, including enhancing quality and realism. We also decided not to limit the number of animations in the VC in the native Prepar3D v3.x version because of the known issue. However, as an alternative, we produced an FSX version with less animations (not affecting the simulation) which does not require any modification to the Prepar3D.cfg.

We recognize this may not be elegant, but it is the only solution that was proposed to us by Lockheed Martin until they fix the optimization routine issue.

I also raised the issue with poor quality night lighting on 3rd party GPS such as the GTN 750.  Here is their response to that.  BTW really good support in the form of very timely and informative replies from this developer.

As for the custom gauges that look too bright at night, it was a compromise between really too bright at night and too dimmed during the day. We tried many configurations with the material and decided to use the least worst. However we took good note of your comment for a future patch.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I also raised the issue with poor quality night lighting on 3rd party GPS such as the GTN 750.  Here is their response to that.  BTW really good support in the form of very timely and informative replies from this developer.

As for the custom gauges that look too bright at night, it was a compromise between really too bright at night and too dimmed during the day. We tried many configurations with the material and decided to use the least worst. However we took good note of your comment for a future patch.

The GTN 750 looks absolutely horrible at night.  Way too bright and looks out of place.  Otherwise the night lighting on the rest of the panel is quite good.  I also find the stock eye viewpoint to be too low, especially when you try to look out the side windows.  Maybe this is normal IRL.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

I asked at F1 forums if there was a way to lower the brightness of the GTN - no there is not.  I thought maybe a manual edit of the bmp or image but that would probably affect all my GTN 2d popups.

Anyway I did install the FSX version - it is a little better but it's still a heavy resource eater plane.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, I have the same issues. Opened support inquiry and was told it's a bug with P3D and to resolve the solution is to turn OFF OPTIMIZE_PARTS in the prepar3D.cfg.

That's not a solution for me as that setting helps considerably with other aircraft.

It is what it is I guess, would have been nice to know before purchase.

Cheers Rob

Thanks for the heads up.

I am going to wait for the bugs to get fixed.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

well i was about to purchase this last night,I am so glad i had an early night and waited,

Peter

Use the FSX model on P3D

You can turn on optimize parts. You'll only miss a few switches that won't animate. It's a good compromise for now

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The dev has released an update ... I have the new version installed but I haven't tested with or without Optimize parts.  Either way, I wouldn't call it a show stopper - it's a very nice aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Use the FSX model on P3D

You can turn on optimize parts. You'll only miss a few switches that won't animate. It's a good compromise for now

Ryan,

Have you tested the new update mentioned by Rob?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Nope I didn't see any email or anything at their site.  Anyone have a link?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Sorry ignore my comment, it was a different Lear vendor - not extreme prototypes

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: I was thinking the Lear35A v2.7 update (FlySimWare)