Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Network connections

Hi after running panel builder for a couple of years I now have a problem with the gauges being jittery and not running smooth as they had previously I think my network settings got messed up when I networked my two computers using a crossover cable which I believe gives a faster speed between computers, the new network was a public network but could not get panel builder to run at all so I reverted back to a connection thru my router but this is when I got the gauges running jittery so before I do a full reinstall Windows etc on my panel builder computer I would like to try and get panel builder to work with the crossover cables and would appreciate any help in setting this up.

Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi have been doing some testing if I use the standard gauges and change the rate in the panel builder interface from 250 to 150 then all the gauges run nice and smooth if I use the a2a gauges and interface if I change the rate then gauges run smooth apart from the airspeed and the rpm gauge I can't get them to run smoothly, I was running a older version of the a2a and had no problems but since I installed the newest update the a2a has not been smooth I have also reinstalled panel builder to latest update.

Jim

A direct connection like a cross over cable is definable the way to go. I suggest you disable any other network adapters (besides the Ethernet adapter) to make sure traffic is routed via this adapter.

Set up direct connection but no difference needles on some of the gauges move like the second hand on a clock standard gauges run smooth after adjusting the update rate down to 150ms, can't understand panel builder used to run smooth a2a no problems just build panel and fly, I reinstalled panel builder and a2a addon notice the panels I built previously where still there is there a folder with panels I have built be deleted so I can start fresh.

Jim