Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Fatal error when starting

I started getting a fatal error and cannot start P3D.  I tried a window's restore and it did not help.  Do you think I could reinstall P3D over the existing program without completely starting over and reinstalling all add-ons?

Thanks a lot,

Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

If you cannot start up P3D, it is usually a corrupted add-on that uses the dll.xml to load their module.  All modules in the dll.xml are loaded at startup.  The sim will not start up if one of the modules is missing or corrupted.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim.. Where can I find these files?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V3   dll.xml 

Thank you.  Do you think I could reinstall P3D over the existing installation or do I have to start over?

Howard

Some People do that alright but You have to Know what you are doing as there is a little configuring afterwards.  

Try Jim's suggestion before you do anything else  

How do I know which files are corrupted and can I delete them?   If this doesn't work can I just install the latest Prepar3D_Academic file?  Should I delete the old file first?

Thanks a Lot,

Howard

Location:  Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► you ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D V3   dll.xml 

Don't forget Programdata\LM\P3D

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

ASN or AS2016 has to be the last entry in the DLL.XML. Same with FSUIPC. Latest version of fsuipc makes sure this happens when you install new addons that make new entries in the dll.xml

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Try checking your Event Viewer, if there was a dll file that P3D found offensive, it should show up there. Just locate it via entering Event Viewer in start/search then go to Custom Views/Administrative Events. Look for the error symbol and see what information you get.

Ian S

38.jpg

Try checking your Event Viewer, if there was a dll file that P3D found offensive, it should show up there. Just locate it via entering Event Viewer in start/search then go to Custom Views/Administrative Events. Look for the error symbol and see what information you get.

NTdll error is a common one.

There were a lot of errors listed but I don't know what to do with them.   Should I just  reinstall the academic file?

Howard

How do I know which files are corrupted and can I delete them? If this doesn't work can I just install the latest Prepar3D_Academic file? Should I delete the old file first?

The AVSIM CTD Guide, page 11, provides a picture and instructions on how to enable/disable modules in your dll.xml to find out which one is causing the issue(s).  But the fastest way to see if it is the dll.xml is to move it to a temporary folder, restart P3D and see if P3D restarts.  If it does, then there is a problem with the dll.xml and you will have to investigate to find out which module is not working properly.  I have seen where the wrong version of the fsuipc.dll will cause P3D not to restart if it is not compatible with P3D. 

The link to the CTD Guide is in my signature.

Best regards,

There were a lot of errors listed but I don't know what to do with them.   Should I just  reinstall the academic file?

The CTD Guide provides instructions regarding the Event Viewer and how to fix the issues.  Check out the pictures and instructions!

You can reinstall the academic file but it will overwrite your p3d.cfg and scenery.cfg.  So you might want to back up those files.  Otherwise, there should be no problems (unless you have GEP3D that replaces the default textures or Orbx Global/Vector products).  Those will have to be reinstalled.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you all for your help.  I finally located and deleted the dll.xml file.  I started P3D and it built a new file and all is well once more.  Thanks again to everybody.

Howard

Howard