Thanks for the HU! Will get it! ;-)

Thanks for the HU! Will get it! ;-)

Cool! Let us know how you like it.

What simulator are you running?

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mik75

Cool! Let us know how you like it.

What simulator are you running?

FSX (for the fantastic FSL A320X, can't stop flying it)

P3D (for all the "rest" ;-) )

Yeah, will show some pics of it, if no one does first! ;-)

i saw this morning looks nice, LDDU has a nice circle to land and VOR A onto runway 30 if my memory serves me right

14ppkc-6.png

Looks great. Can't wait to try it.

Yes, it indeed looks exciting! Dubrovnik in Southern Croatia is a wonderful place with a magnificent old city center. I though that this alone might be worth getting this scenery, as Orbx even states "FULL Dubrovnik cityscape included". Unfortunately, compared to the real Dubrovnik, the Orbx representation looks rather dull and the city wall is massively overdone. A real pity!

dubrovnik-like-croatia.jpg

Orbx FTX Dubrovnik

2016-08-17_09-55-44-PM204.jpg

Felix

I wish ORBX would price their airports more in the 20 USD range, like many of the Aerosoft sceneries. Ok, you can argue that ORBX in general has the best quality, but at least for me 20 USD is the optimal price point for a airport. Its only a very few airports I like to use all the time. The other ones are lesser frequent destinations.

the Orbx representation looks rather dull and the city wall is massively overdone. A real pity!

A little harsh.  It's a flightsim afterall.

I wish ORBX would price their airports more in the 20 USD range, like many of the Aerosoft sceneries. Ok, you can argue that ORBX in general has the best quality, but at least for me 20 USD is the optimal price point for a airport. Its only a very few airports I like to use all the time. The other ones are lesser frequent destinations.

LDDU now would be 27-28 EUR for me. That's without any VAT and already in Aerosoft's 'Mega Airport' price range. The LDDU download size is about 210 MB.

I'll have to wait for the next ORBX sale, sigh ...

Yes, it indeed looks exciting! Dubrovnik in Southern Croatia is a wonderful place with a magnificent old city center. I though that this alone might be worth getting this scenery, as Orbx even states "FULL Dubrovnik cityscape included". Unfortunately, compared to the real Dubrovnik, the Orbx representation looks rather dull and the city wall is massively overdone. A real pity!

dubrovnik-like-croatia.jpg

Orbx FTX Dubrovnik

2016-08-17_09-55-44-PM204.jpg

Thanks for this comparison and to be honest I do find a bit more differences comparing the real picture with the screenshot that I would have hoped for from a payware scenery from a developer like Orbx and in this price range.

This of course doesn't mean that the scenery in general isn't a great one and that you can enjoy it flying there but looking at both the docks, the city, the wall...like said...IMHO it could/should match reality in greater detail.

Let's see if I'll get this one or not. I have been waiting for this destination for quite some time so it certainly is tempting to get it now that it's available and I was happily surprised by the release announcement.

Richard Åsberg

For me it looks more like the city wall is perfect in size and design, the problem is (once more) the autogen buildings which are simply to small compared to the real ones. Honestly, I guess that's simply due to the limitations of the engine, either you use autogen buildings with the risk that it does not match perfectly or you make the full old town with every single house manually, which then would be to much of an effort.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

LDDU now would be 27-28 EUR for me. That's without any VAT and already in Aerosoft's 'Mega Airport' price range. The LDDU download size is about 210 MB.

I'll have to wait for the next ORBX sale, sigh ...

And another example:

29Palms sceneries are awesome, like their latest Samos which offers a very challenging approach in super nice scenery setting. The scope of the scenery looks comperable to ORBX Dubrovnik, but 29Palms value for money seems much more appealing.

Dont get me wrong, ORBX are free to price as they like, and I am a big ORBX fan owning all their regions and some of their airports. And some will tell me that 40 USD is what they spend for a few drinks, and hence is nothing...But I dont enjoy paying "full game" price for an airport.

I take back what I said in my previous post after doing another more close comparison.

I just realized something I didn't spot the first time, that the angle isn't the same which makes it a bit confusing since you need to "turn" the screenshot around in your head a bit to make it match the real world pic. After doing this I think the scenery seems to match reality really well!

Richard Åsberg

Guest Mik75

Just a few very quick ones, taken in FSX.

I forgot to switch off the static a/c for these shots.

So far, it looks very lovely, performance and VAS seem reasonably ok!

I´ll perform a flight into LDDU tonight!

dbqys2lhu7g5w2fgr.jpg

dbqys7t339u5azdu3.jpg

dbqyscql8p4lktvwr.jpg

dbqyshfkh9lam8fkb.jpg