Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

Off Route Of Filed Plan

Every once in a while I get  message saying I am off my flight plan that I filed. I will clearly be going direct to my next waypoint and on the route I filed. What cause this? I get the msg to turn to a hdg until receiving suitable for navigation. Here is the Route KBAK to KCLE@25000 (Alt1- , Alt2-) / SHB.ROD.LAWTO.MFD.ZABER.JAKEE. *RVSM

Chris Chiozza

It means you didn't fly close enough to a waypoint to receive credit for passing it. RC is giving you instructions to fly back to it.

If that happens frequently enough you may need to examine your plans. A big 90 degree turn to the next waypoint may mean you start the turn too early to get credit for the waypoint you are approaching.

Within 30 miles of the departure airport you have to pass within 2nm of a waypoint as it's assumed to be part of a SID. Outside 30nm you have to pass within 5nm to receive credit.

To get around this problem and request direct to your next waypoint press 9 and use the first option.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the answer. I was Lnav mode but did not monitior the overfly distance. Yea, I did request direct to as well. Chris

Chris Chiozza

I used to get that.  I clicked General and changed the Heading setting under Deviations to 25.  That fixed it up.  Gives me more room for error if I am off the intended route a bit.  Especially between VOR's  .I don't fly with a FMC.  All VOR for me.  I always cross them OK.  Its getting there that is the problem. 

Jim

CYWG