Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Best North American Payware Airports

Since the release of Orbx NA LC, I would like recommendations for payware airports in North America.  Any and all suggestions would be welcome.

- FlightBeam (demo available, just all of them)

- FSDreamteam (demo available, the best are vancouver, Los Angeles, New York and Fort Lauderdale)

- Taxi2Gate (Seattle and Orlando)

- FlyTampa (Midway, Tampa)

- LatinVFR (Miami, San Diego)

Philipp Schwaegerl

KTNP by 29 Palms

FlyTampa KBOS

KDCA by Tropicalsim

KPHL Sunskyjet (free)

KGCN by OZx (Free)

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Imagines newest KLGA is very good. Agree with all the Flightbeam and FSDreamteam Airports. Anything FlyTampa is also good.

1. Orbx Sedona.

2. Aerosoft KASE Aspen

3. KEGE Eagle CO

4. Fly Tampa TNCM (not exactly US)

5. KPHL Sunskyjet (freeware)

6. Aerosoft - Catalina Island (Freeware)

7. Aerosoft Freeware Wasserkupe (Gemany) http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=11784&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

KPHL Sunskyjet (free)

+1  Fantastic work, free, and Includes some nice scenery that is beyond the airport boundaries.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

+1  Fantastic work, free, and Includes some nice scenery that is beyond the airport boundaries.

I thought this was having issues in P3D, including black buildings/bridges... Is that not what you're experiencing?

I am not eager to please as most of people here. Since you ask for the best:

Flightbeam

FSDREAMTEAM (avoid KLAS, they are soon remaking it)

ORBX

Taxi2Gate (Seattle and Orlando)

The rest is not up there yet in my opinion. Flytampa make good sceneries today, but older should be avoided.

A great set of responses.  And that KPHL Sunskyjet looks fantastic ... and for free!  As they say here in Portland, "Free is a very good price", although I do like to donate for quality freeware.  I can imagine it takes hours if not days to create this stuff.

Any more suggestions always welcomed.

I echo many of the recommendations listed, especially any and all of Flightbeam's offerings.  I see several suggesting T2G KMCO & FT KBOS which I have been unable to get working in P3D and they do not have P3D installers. I also could not get KPHL to work correctly but since it's free it doesn't hurt to try!  I've also been enjoying the recent KRDU release from LatinVFR.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I see several suggesting T2G KMCO & FT KBOS which I have been unable to get working in P3D and they do not have P3D installers. I also could not get KPHL to work correctly but since it's free it doesn't hurt to try!

There are updates for both KMCO and KBOS, which work very well in my setup. KPHL works better than any Blueprint scenery I've owned but the trick is to turn off anim.bgl

The new FSDT KMEM has SODE jetways and their KIAH has been revised adding those there too.  And for scenic locals the PHNL and Hawaii packages that include PHLI PHOG PHTO and PHKO, a little dated but very usable.

Dan Downs KCRP

For major US airports you have FSDT, FlightBeam and Fly Tampa.

For small US airports you have Orbx

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

For small US airports you have Orbx

Good point Manny.  I should have stated my request for larger airports.  You can't beat Orbx for the smaller ones.