Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Triple Monitor Setup Problem

I'm having problems getting the triple monitor setup to work.  I have the same 3 Acer monitors, all at 1920x1080 set to refresh at 60.  EVGA GTX 1070.  I have everything setup properly.  The monitors work properly, my only problem is that when I open FSX it only comes up on one monitor.  I have the setup configured in Nvidia control panel, windows display shows one monitor as 5760x1080x32.  I have the setting in FSX set to 5760x1080x32.  It still only comes up on one monitor.  Could it be something in the FSX.cfg file?  I'm at a loss as to why it will not work.  I had it working at one time, then I went with the Oculus Rift and VR, got sick and tired of the problems with the Oculus sensor not working properly and decided to go back to the triple monitors.  They worked fine before, now I cannot get them to work.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Rodger

Copy your fsx.cfg somewhere else then delete it. FSX will make a new one. That will almost certainly fix it. You can then compare the two cfg files and fix the old one if you don't want to stick with the new one.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Hi,

You try grabbing the screen end and stretching it out to the ends of the monitor?. Are you in full screen?. Check your config file and see how many monitors are installed.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

MarkDH, I tried doing as you suggested and it did not work. I looked at the original and the new fsx.cfg files.  The only thing that changed is this line:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.0]

Mode=5760x1080x32

The Mode line in the original stated: Mode 1920x1080x32

The line "WideViewAspect" in the original was False so I tried changing it to True and that did not work either.

Is there a way I can attach a copy of my fsx.cfg files so you can take a look at it?

Mike, It won't let me grab the screen to stretch it across the other two screens. 

Totally baffled as I had this working a few days ago, not cannot get it to work now. 

Is there a way I can attach a copy of my fsx.cfg files so you can take a look at it?

Sorry, I wouldn't know how to diagnose that. But I would suspect you have something wrong with your Windows setup. You didn't mention the word 'Surround' in your initial post - you need to have nvidia Surround enabled, not just your monitors set to 'extend desktop'. Are you sure you have this set? You should have gone through a wizard and been given an opportunity to create custom resolutions for bezel management.

Beyond that, I can't be much help :sad:

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks Mark.  I do have the surround set up in the nvidia control panel.  It's just so frustrating as I have everything set up but when I open FSX it will not go into triple monitor mode.  Thanks for your help any way.

Rodger

HI Rodger, this may sound like I am teaching you to suck eggs;

I am using 3 Acer on a 680GTX.

Is Your desktop set up in surround  so that you have 1 LArge desktop spanning over the 3 screens?

Bring up the  Menu within fsx at the top.  go to  VIEWS

Ensure there is a Tick in "Full Screen"

An Alternative is try just pressing ALT ENTER on your keyboard.

I do recall this happening to me but it was years ago I think the ALT ENTER fixed it

If you cant stretch across the monitors seems like its not in windowed mode.

In your Nvidia control panel have you selected a resolution same as within fsx or similar

eg

5996 x 1080

Make sure in the display options within fsx itself (load up menu) that you have selected and saved the 5996 x 1080

, it may be the current video driver you are using. or was that ok before?

My config has

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680.0]
Mode=5996x1080x32

WideViewAspect=True

Let me know  if this helps and if not I will  keep racking my brains

Steve

Another thing to try may be  put it into windowed mode using the menu.  Drag it over say two of your screens in windowed mode.

Then  once covering two screens then select the "full Screen option, see if it then spans them all,but not in windowed mode. ?

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

ALT+Enter always works for me running 3 monitors.

Bozdog, YOU SIR ARE THE MAN!!!!!  I have fought this for a solid 4 days and I figured it would be something simple.  Couldn't see the forest for the trees.  Thanks for the help.  Always helps with an extra set of eyes.  Much appreciated.

Your welcome.

Glad to have been of help 

Quest 2

Windows 11

Bozdog, YOU SIR ARE THE MAN!!!!!  I have fought this for a solid 4 days and I figured it would be something simple.  Couldn't see the forest for the trees.  Thanks for the help.  Always helps with an extra set of eyes.  Much appreciated.

Just out of interest do you use direct X9 or 10 I'm thinking about having a try with 10 and just wondered if there's any implications with three monitors

Cheers Steve

Quest 2

Windows 11