Sign in to follow this  
Vinny002

DC-6 update

Hi, guys!

Question for you, will there be any updates for the DC-6? Thanks!

Cheers,

Vincent Majerowicz

In my opinion, it is highly unlikely that there is going to be a revision done for minor bugs. However, I am certain  that unless the bugs are put on a trouble ticket and submitted to PMDG Product Support they will be forgotten.

pt6a50, full names in the PMDG forum please.

Dan Downs KCRP

I notice after 28 hours on the Airframe counter it stops adding time......

I have this bug also, I am at 182 hours recorded through other means(FSE)

My meter stopped at 28.7

Please submit a trouble ticket.  PMDG will validate the problem and enter it into their bug tracking system.  If its not in the tracking system it gets lost.

Dan Downs KCRP

In my opinion, it is highly unlikely that there is going to be a revision done for minor bugs. However, I am certain  that unless the bugs are put on a trouble ticket and submitted to PMDG Product Support they will be forgotten.

I find it rather sad that "minor bugs" would be left unfixed! You make bug-fixing sound like a huge task, which it isn't.

No love for the XPlane platform?

Rob Smith.

I find it rather sad that "minor bugs" would be left unfixed! You make bug-fixing sound like a huge task, which it isn't.

I assume that the DC-6 team is working on the conversion to FSX/P3D and any bugs that are in the system will probably be cleaned up during that process and an update for the XPL version...., just an assumption.

When you have limited resources and a plate full of on going projects, it is not sad that someone stops to fix a minor bug, test it, and distribute an update; rather, it is management of resources and scheduling work.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry if my last post seemed overly negative.

A couple of comments by Kyle, the lack of feedback on 10.50 compatibility from the devs, and the more basic nature of the aircraft (several things are not modelled in the DC-6 which are taken for granted on other aircraft), and the fact the DC-6 is the bottom forum despite being the latest project all suggest (IMHO) that X-Plane is an after-thought of a platform, and that PMDG are not very interested in it.

Just compare reactions to problems with the NGX or 777, and they're all over it within hours. It seems a bit too quiet in here.

Fixing bugs should be priority in already-released products, not new product development. Official word from the devs would be very helpful, like they did with updates to the NGX and 777.

When I couldn't find a major item regarding the pitot/static system (source selector), I was treated as if I hadn't RTFM. I'm 100% confident it isn't modelled. Just tumbleweed from PMDG on that issue. Quite disappointing. If it requires an SP to add it, then no problem, but some feedback would be good.

Rob Smith.

It is quiet here, I've noticed.  This is partly due to the small number of problems encountered since RTM was patched, and it could be due to a small market size but I'm just guessing because PMDG doesn't share that.

But you're wrong about PMDG interest in XPL, and Robert has been very clear both in the forum and off line with beta team that they are blind to the platform and want to provide products on all three, FSX P3D and XPL.  PMDG doesn't have a preference.

There's plenty of small bugs in both 777 and NGX that need to wait until development time is allocated.

Don't feel like a stepchild Rob.

Dan Downs KCRP

It is good that it is a solid product at release - that has definitely been noticed! :)  

I certainly hope we see future products for XPlane as it is an incredible platform since the 10.xx releases, and in mine and others opinions leaves FSX/P3D in the dust.

I appreciate no product is (ever?) bug-free, but with this being a new release, I would have thought there would be more [obvious] discussion of areas of concern than there has been to date.

Rob Smith.

Guys,

If you want something addressed, you should all know the proper avenue for getting our attention. With the number of threads I pop my head into hourly, I'm liable to forget whatever I saw unless I happened to see a post with an actual, targeted message.

Specifics. And if you want a guaranteed view and response, there's a link in my sig. If you choose to do so, be as specific as possible so I have something specific to tell the team to check on.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers