Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

New NVidia Titan-X (Pascal) plus FlyElise-nl Warp software - WOW!

Yes it can.
Find the "link views" short cut in the Sims control settings (views) and assign a button to it.

gb.

View linking got removed in v 3.3.5 when ViewGroups got added

I tried with Nicolas kind help ( he even tried on my pc remotely ) to have FlyElise LCD Designer Pro + Immersive Display Pro set up on my system but it never looked as good as I have it now...

FYI : this is with 1x 40" and 2x 32"

Hey, that's cheating, tilting the camera.

Great set-up though.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thank you Gods... for breaking my Thrustmaster HOTAS Flight stick and forcing me to:

Remember I had an old PS3 controller which;

Caused me to get off my intellectual a55 and; research, "Can a PS3 controller work in P3d...much less in Win10?" causing me wunner , wunnerful sucess, which;

not only got me back in the air, but scared the He|_|_ out of me...

I almost dropped the controller as it forcefully rumbled in my hand ...touching down(it AINT NO Thrustmaster HOTAS Flight stick ) my Lancair at KSBA Rwy 7 a litttttle too hard(no bounce...but..) and;

Thank you Robert for starting this topic which also forced me to inquire into;

1. not being able to Shadowplay record while in Nvidia Surround mode thus abandoning any notion of using The current iteration of Nvidia multi-screen Surround and;

2. asking Avsim folks here about using TrackIR with three screens;

-and being told that it was possible with link views, which;

was corrected with Manage GroupViews which;

3. made me further research... finding or being directed to;

4. Mark Hargrove's wonderful tutorial on same...which;

5. Gave me ALMOST , Perfectly ALIGNED and;

PERFECTLY SYNCHED and totally unsquashed and UN-distorted TrackIR views <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" href="http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119668">http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119668</a> across 3 screens!!!

...soooo, If you have ;

1. Three screens and;

2. have them arranged at a 45° angle,135° in all, kinda like this, \_/ and;

3. You want your TrackIR to smoooothly track yo' haid across allll three... almost perfectly aligned screens,(Tweak to taste with From the "Views' menu, select "View, Group Management") then;

I am sharing my WORKING config files, created from Mark's Sterling tutorial, for your daliance and delectation (change the names where appropriate).... <a data-ipb="nomediaparse" href="https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqeV3rzMq6tJicE9BPqj1RRFZvsWOQ">https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqeV3rzMq6tJicE9BPqj1RRFZvsWOQ</a>

Put the zipfile into your :\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ folder and;

1. check for viruses then once cleared by your antivirus software;

2. unzip the file there.

By Reading Mark's terrific tutorial and using/editing these files within Group Management, anyone with;

A. Three 1920x1080 screens AND;

B. Who want almost perfectly aligned and UN-Distorted screens that;

C. ALL work with and sync with TrackIR AND;

D. Put a big sh&t eating Grin on your face.

ENJOY!

video at 11...tomorrow... pooped

Thank y'all helpful AvsimPrepar3d Forum folks!

Chas

Thank you Avsim for the fakakta HTML paragraph TAGS

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

View linking got removed in v 3.3.5 when ViewGroups got added

It's still in the Views control menu as an option (P3D 3.3.5)

Are you sure it does not now work?

gb.

My TIR center and off buttons has been assigned since I got TrackIR....

I'm Not getting the drift of your comment.

Thanks,

Chas

There is an option in the P3D controller Views menu called View-Link All (toggle).

If you assign a button to this it will link all VC views so they move as one with the HAT switch or TrackIR.

At least this would work in versions before 3.3.5.

I see richbarry (post #16) has questioned if this still works.

The View-Link All (toggle) option is certainly still there in 3.3.5 so I guess you can just try it and see.

But View Groups is definitely the way to go now.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I've been spending ages writing new code to do some things I used to use view linking for.

From the Prepar3D website....

Re: V3.3 linked view toggle not working

Unread postby Beau Hollis » Thu, 02 Jun 2016, 16:44

As of 3.3, you can use View Groups to generate multiple linked views which support zooming and changing cameras.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningC ... ation.html

We also added OffsetXYZ OffsetPBH and SideAngle support to camera definitions now which allows eye-relative offsets and off-axis projection support similar to what is used by ViewGroups.

The existing linking features was disabled because it didn't work properly due to updates made to support View Groups and multichannel. Sorry this wasn't clearly documented.

Just use the View groups feature to get 3 connected views .

It is free.

I have 2 extra undocked views and all 3 are perfectly alligned together.

A few months ago I also tried the Fly Elise payware solution but this looks better.

With Fly Elise it is way to much zoomed out...

Gerald,

Performance/FPS wise did you notice any difference between flyelise and using 2 undocked views ? (I am not sure if you connect all your projectors/monitors to the same videocard or not).

By the way, does flyElise supports 3 monitors of different resolutions ? Im using a 2160p as a single view today, but Im not against using two additional 1080p to bring some lateral views, nvidia surround is not an option here, and using undocked views costs approx 50% of max attainable FPS performance.

Are there You tube tutorials for how to setup view group ?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I must have been asleep at the wheel, ooops I mean asleep at the yoke!  I had always thought using undocking views killed your FPS.  Have this changed?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Gerald,

Performance/FPS wise did you notice any difference between flyelise and using 2 undocked views ? (I am not sure if you connect all your projectors/monitors to the same videocard or not).

By the way, does flyElise supports 3 monitors of different resolutions ? Im using a 2160p as a single view today, but Im not against using two additional 1080p to bring some lateral views, nvidia surround is not an option here, and using undocked views costs approx 50% of max attainable FPS performance.

FlyElise way or my way both use 3 seperate views ( 1 main and 2 undocked ).

So no performance difference there.

How much Immersive Display Pro extra uses I do not know..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I must have been asleep at the wheel, ooops I mean asleep at the yoke!  I had always thought using undocking views killed your FPS.  Have this changed?

I was getting pretty close to 79 FPS over SoCal with Orbx NALC, with all my sliders almost to the right ...almost tripling of FPS since I upgraded to my GTX 1080 and I 7–6700K ... I don't know if my views are UNDOCKED... I didn't go that route , having set things up entirely through view groups as specified early this morning.

Hope this helps,

Chas

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Hey Chas-

What exactly do you need from Elise to get started? I see there are 3 different apps on their site.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Chas-

What exactly do you need from Elise to get started? I see there are 3 different apps on their site.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark...doood! You Mis-read my posts... I did not use Elise only The View Manager built in to P3d v 3.3.5

Re-read http://www.avsim.com/topic/493875-new-nvidia-titan-x-pascal-plus-flyelise-nl-warp-software-wow/?p=3472012

Chas

Hi fellow pilots,

I posted this today on the P3D forums, and I'm sharing it here, after waiting YEARS to get rid of NVidia "Surround" views on my triple monitors in Prepar3D v.3.3.5, I stumbled across 2 software products by a company called Fly Elise.  Let me invite you to watch this product on my YouTube channel and compare the views at 60-degree offsets vs. much smaller offsets in NVidia Surround on those same 3 monitors.  The difference is ASTOUNDING.  This solution requires high performance video card, my system is 4.0ghz i72600K mild overclock.  The new Intel Skylake 6700K defaults to 4ghz Turbo mode (no overclock), so you get a Skylake and the new Titan-X (Pascal) plus the two software progs shown in the video and you may be amazed at the results.  You STILL have to pay attention to sliders and high-end adds such as PMDG (I don't fly PMDG any more because I fly Sim Avionics plus Flight Deck Solutions hardware).  Hope this helps those searching for the undistorted wing views in perfect sync.

M

How is flying in VC? could you make a video and post on you channel ?

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

SirRobert,

Great and fun info...

Nice to see your unconventiall personalized flight deck...It and your screens Look lovely...but;

I respectfully submit, that the vast majority of can't or wont justify $400 to tweak our screens…

Thanks for the heads up!

Chas

Actually, Fly Elise you only need to purchase Immersive Display Pro, about $169 USD.  Their LCD Designer Pro is FREE!  I too thought I was looking at $400 or some such.  I had to communicate with their support (Nikola) to find out I was wrong.  The thing I love about it is it is VERY QUICK AND EASY to set up the views.. I tried 'doing it myself' and about went insane.  I NEVER could get the views right, the alignment was always off, I cannot express how frustrating it was.  Only someone who has DONE IT knows it takes HOURS, not minutes.  $169 is NOTHING compared to the pain I suffered trying it myself.  Thus I'm "sharing" with those who may be interested ;)  BTW, I think I spent more than that on a couple bits of ORBX scenery.  Now that scenery looks glorious.  The silly Android cellphone I have causes flickering when I record videos, I think it's mismatched screen refresh rates my cell camera vs monitors.  In real life NO FLICKER.

Upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3.5 in Prepar3D is a piece of cake.  You go into control panel and uninstall your P3D CLIENT and P3D CONTENT (just those 2 pieces and ONLY those two!)  You WILL need your license key to reactivate, so if you don't have your license key, contact Lockheed Martin and they will help you.  Download the newest version from Lockheed's site (you need your license info to download), and then unzip the download into a new folder.  Inside that folder you will see the INDIVIDUAL MSI INSTALLERS for the various bits of P3D.  You run the MSI Prepar3D CLIENT installer first, then MSI Prepar3D CONTENT installer second.  You are done.  Start up P3D you will be asked to reactivate, enter your order information and you're all set.

Fly Elise support is no charge, and they will ASSIST you in getting up and running right away.  Again, you only eventually purchase their warping product, which is immersive display pro, and you're set.  You can run it all FREE for 30 days and see if you like it, again, highly recommend free trial.  Be sure you have your entire drive backed up (recommend Acronis True Image Home 2016 or 2017), in case of disaster, recovering your system with Acronis is CAKE.

Nothing wrong with doing all this yourself, if you have a mind to.  Me?  Life is too short.  Final tip, I have much smoother performance disabling MSAA anti-aliasing in P3D graphics setup and enabling FXAA.  I am currently running Anisotropic 8X Texture Resolution HIGH FXAA ON MSAA NONE

VSYNC ON - Triple Buffering "x" (ON)  Target Frame Rate  UNLIMITED.  Worth a try.

How is flying in VC? could you make a video and post on you channel ?

I don't think flying in VC is going to work on triple monitors.  Maybe Chas or someone else could comment?

Well, I can say it likely has not changed, but what HAS changed are the new Pascal GPU cards.  Triple views amounts to over 6 million pixels if your monitors are triple displays 1920x1080.  That is a heckuva lot of rendering drawing 6 million pixels at high frame rates.  If you are using MSAA (x2 x4 x8) those are EXTRA FRAMES that are averaged out to produce smooth edges.

I venture to say the solution we are discussing in this thread you want 1080 gpu or Titan-X (Pascal, and a cpu that is running 4ghz or faster. I see Chas has the Skylake, which is a very fast chip.  I have a much older i7 2600K mildly overclocked to 4ghz.  I would recommend the Skylake and the Titan-x (Pascal).  Watch out for older titans (Kepler, Maxwell) which are NOT as fast, and do not have the new DDR5x VRAM.  Titan X (Pascal) has been rated 40% faster than 1080, but costs about double.  So whatever fits your budget is likely your call.  The problem with gpu cards there is no 'try and buy' - you are committed once you install them.  I hear that NVidia "might" be offering a 30 day return, but I don't know it that is true - only on cards you buy directly from Nvidia.com - you'd need to call in and ask them if that is actually the case.

No question 3 monitors off 1 pc is a LOAD of work.  NVSurround handled the job great, but the stretchy views and distortion bugged me mightily.  Some folks are OK with it - but once you see an undistorted triple display, it's awfully tough to consider returning to NVSurround.  My two cents.  Sliders are STILL an issue even with monster GPU.  When you go MAX SLIDERS, you are tripling the extra workload (remember 3 displays not just one).  Obviously, if you only are rendering 1 display instead of 3 it makes sense you could ramp up your sliders, but even so, your CPU is likely to become an issue, as rendering the autogen is cpu driven, and P3D is not optimized to take advantage of processors with 8 or even 10 cores afaik.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel