Sign in to follow this  
GrumpyOldGamer

P3D install

I have freeMeshX installed on FSX:SE but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to install on P3D.......

You can just add the FreeMeshX folders to the scenery library in P3D.

When you're in a flight, go to the top menu, then World, then Scenery Library. Then just browse to your existing FreeMeshX folders in FSX.

TY TY it looks sweet now!

couldn't find the right place to put it in before

I've caught a couple of your videos. Keep it up!

OMG my vids of me flying around the world usually listening to music? heheheheeheh TY TY TY

I think there may be another person with a close name also

I hope I did this installation right. I did a full wipe on my hard drive so it was my first time installing this.

My folder structure looked like this after the downloads:

\Patch 1.05

\Patch 1.06

\Patch 1.07

\FreeMeshX - Africa\scenery

\FreeMeshX - Antartica\scenery

\FreeMeshX - Asia\scenery

\FreeMeshX - Australia and Oceania\scenery

\FreeMeshX - Europe\scenery

\FreeMeshX - North America\scenery

\FreeMeshX - South and Central America\scenery

I then went into each Patch directory (Patch 1.05, Patch 1.06, Patch 1.07), copied and overwrited all the files from each region \scenery directory into the root region \scenery directory.  I then created a FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery directory at the root, so directory structure looked like this:

\Patch 1.05

\Patch 1.06

\Patch 1.07

\FreeMeshX - Austrailia and Oceania\scenery

\FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery

I then went into each patch directory (Patch 1.05, Patch 1.06, Patch 1.07) and copied all the files from each \Patches\scenery directory to the root \FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery directory.  

Then inside of P3D, I added each scenery to the library, and made sure \FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery was at the top.

I hope I did this installation right. I did a full wipe on my hard drive so it was my first time installing this.

My folder structure looked like this after the downloads:

\Patch 1.05

\Patch 1.06

\Patch 1.07

\FreeMeshX - Australia and Oceania\scenery

I then went into each Patch directory (Patch 1.05, Patch 1.06, Patch 1.07), copied and overwrited all the files from each region \scenery directory into the root region \scenery directory.  I then created a FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery directory at the root, so directory structure looked like this:

\Patch 1.05

\Patch 1.06

\Patch 1.07

\FreeMeshX - Austrailia and Oceania\scenery

\FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery

I then went into each patch directory (Patch 1.05, Patch 1.06, Patch 1.07) and copied all the files from each \Patches\scenery directory to the root \FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery directory.  

Then inside of P3D, I added each scenery to the library, and made sure \FreeMeshX - Patches\scenery was at the top.

That looks correct to me Franjoflyer.

Hi now i have question , below is my library ( downloading now Africa and Asia ) in FreeMeshX -Patches i have scenery and all patches. Is that correct or should be each patch separate 

ook61.png

In each patch, just overwrite the existing regions with the patched files for each region. For instance, if an update has patched files for Africa, then just drag n' drop the new files into your existing FreeMeshX - Africa folder.

Then make sure you have FreeMeshX - Patches (this folder is for smaller miscellaneous patches) added to your scenery library. With each update, you just merge this folder with any new FreeMeshX - Patches folders.