Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

AS 16 and ASCA settings

The only thing I have changed in the AS-16 settings was the number of cloud layers, which is set at 5 layers instead of the default 2.  This way the AS-16 adds layers as needed to give more accurate cloud layering.   The maximum layers one can "get away with" is dependent on hardware resources and how much they have to be shared with other add-ins.   I might add that I am running native 4k @60fps with PMDG 777and 737's , Orbix Global, Vector and land classes, as well as all ORBX NA regions.   My Rig is an i7 6700k @4.7 Ghz, 16BG RAM and a GTX 1080. I regularly fly from and to KLAX and KSEA , KORD and other "trouble spots" without running out of memory or stuttering frame rates.  My internal setting sliders are 1 notch from the "full right" position on most options with the exception of AI traffic (20%) and some "vector" options such as power lines , small road bases and tunnels.  I do have high detail shadows on inside the cockpit and in scenery.

Harold Finch

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

The only thing I have changed in the AS-16 settings was the number of cloud layers, which is set at 5 layers instead of the default 2.

I thought 5 layers is default?  I will have to check this later today

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

The only struggle I'm having is maintaining solid FPS with 5 layers and volumetric fog enabled - that, even with no AA is bringing my 980GTX to its knees! Disable volumetric, GPU usage cuts back off 100% and the FPS is restored!

Concerning AS16 (awesome product!), does any know the weather setting to diminish the impacts of thunderstorms? When flying near convection weather, I find the speed oscillation on the larger tubliners to be somewhat unrealistic.

Matt King

Concerning AS16 (awesome product!), does any know the weather setting to diminish the impacts of thunderstorms? When flying near convection weather, I find the speed oscillation on the larger tubliners to be somewhat unrealistic.

I think you can try to lower 'turbulence' setting and that should do the trick.

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I thought 5 layers is default?  I will have to check this later today

You are quite right.

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

I think you can try to lower 'turbulence' setting and that should do the trick.

Lukasz

Thanks, Lukas!

Matt King

Hi Folks!

I'm exclusively flying in VR (FlyInside) and I have just deployed ASCA to my P3D sim and I must say that I am totally amazed. Please note I have never seen this before SP1.

So, my current setup is AS16 + ASCA SP1 + ENVTEX. This is crazy how this combination can make sim looking so gorgeous, natural and stil performing very good. Ehh that multilevel dynamic clouds!! 

I'm still having some leftovers from REX4, things like runways textures and taxi lines but this is on the ground. In the skies the clouds are playing the first guitar and this is a mind blow in combination with Really!

I run 512 settings and slider set to "max performance" in ASCA plus dynamic clouds.

In P3D DISABLE Volumetric FOG - P3D destroys sun, sunset and sunrise textures when it's enabled.

Cheers!! O7

eMarcel

Note: If you have ASCA in full dynamics, you don't have to start it ever again, just run AS16 

Is that right?

I do notice ASCA splash screen when i start AS16, thought it was a bug?

I do use REX Soft clouds with ASCA.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Is that right?

I do notice ASCA splash screen when i start AS16, thought it was a bug?

I do use REX Soft clouds with ASCA.

No, that's not right. When both AS16 and ASCA are installed (and they must be installed on the same machine, even in a networked configuration), ASCA will automatically launch when AS16 is launched. That's as it should be, because for Global Automatic and Full Dynamics modes to work, AS16 and ASCA have to be running simultaneously and communicating with each other in order to provide the dynamic weather depiction inherent in those modes.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Wayne that was one very confusing reply.

As asked if " If you have ASCA in full dynamics, you don't have to start it ever again, just run AS16"

you said "No, that's not right"

Then went on to say "ASCA will automatically launch when AS16 is launched" 

:vava: 

When I launch AS16 I see a ASCA splash screen but unlike AS16 I don't see it on my task bar like i do with AS16

​So I just launch both. :vava:  :vava:  :vava:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Nyxx, they meanyou don't need to launch asca, but only as16, because asca launchs automatically when as16 fires up.

• Upvote 1

So this is wrong 2:58>

I will confirm that when you start AS16, ASCA starts automatically. AS16 doesn't grab dynamic cloud colors from ASCA folders, the ASCA program injects into AS16. 

When AS16 and ASCA first came out, it worked as Froogle stated. After an update or two, I noticed ASCA starting automatically.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

And when you start AS16, yes, you'll see the ASCA logo indicating that it's launching also. Then, ASCA is automatically minimized to your system tray, so it isn't always obvious that it's running.....but it is.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png