Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Dusk Flight to John Wayne

I have no patience. MUST. FLY. NOW. And not with any of the dozens of other planes I own. LOL

My Lear 24B is keeping me sane until this weekend. :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

And I got it! 

And retract my whining. It was my fault... stupid AOL was rejecting their emails. 

Now... let's get her installed!!

Eddie
KABQ

Nice screen shots. Wish Flight1 would have a sale on the GTN series. I've held back upgrading to FSX Steam or P3D because I lose RealityXP.

Lucky for you F1 is making new GNS 530W and 430W units:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gns

They are basically the same thing as RXP units... same navdata etc etc  but they'll work in P3D

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Lucky for you F1 is making new GNS 530W and 430W units:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1gns

They are basically the same thing as RXP units... same navdata etc etc  but they'll work in P3D

Oh wow that makes my day. Thanks! This changed my mind about FSX Steam or P3d, I am going to upgrade to P3D this weekend. Might as well go to the latest sim since I will be wiping and starting over.

Well I love it.

I was disappointed in the panel graphics, very blurry. Then I remembered changing some graphics settings earlier and forgot that Texture Max changes back to 1024. So, back to 4096 and it looks beautiful!

One issue I have with the autopilot: When you change the altitude selection it immediately dives to over -2000 FPM. Is there a tweak to make that more gentle? Or make it wait until you select the FPM like other planes? Not sure which is proper behavior for the real plane.

But, most importantly... I have "fixed" the 8 track. I mean, who listens to James Last? I replaced it with the first 8-track I owned. Boston's first album! Including the faded out, then back in, version of Hitch A Ride! I can't hear that song without hearing it start to fade at the guitar break. You old timers will know what I'm talking about.

image.jpeg

Eddie
KABQ

Can you send me that mod - I love Boston

Dropbox a link to my PM otherwise I can pm you my email if you need

For the AP - yes I was thinking the same, and if you go to the aircraft.cfg and find:

[autopilot]
autopilot_available= 1
flight_director_available= 1
default_vertical_speed= 2500.0

Change default vertical speed to whatever you like.  You can even put 0 I believe.  I like 1000.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes! Thank you Ryan! 

I set mine to 0. Now I can pre-select the new altitude and when I am ready just set the bug on the VSI! 

Eddie
KABQ

Yes! Thank you Ryan! 

I set mine to 0. Now I can pre-select the new altitude and when I am ready just set the bug on the VSI! 

Have "smoking" blasting on the 8-track as you throttle up for take off.

• Upvote 1

But, most importantly... I have "fixed" the 8 track. I mean, who listens to James Last? I replaced it with the first 8-track I owned. Boston's first album! Including the faded out, then back in, version of Hitch A Ride! I can't hear that song without hearing it start to fade at the guitar break. You old timers will know what I'm talking about.

You guys must have come in a the end of the 8 track era. For me it would be Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere