Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

Frankfurt (EDDF) ILS Aproach

Hi,

correction on Ray Smith scenery: there is plenty to choose from but I believe that Mark's scenery is newer (August 2015)

Thanks

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Today's EDDF no longer uses the dual ILS frequencies, which was in use for a while trying to use offset landing zones to increase traffic flow.  For example, see the current Aerosoft scenery (which is out of date) rnw 26L is same runway as rnw 25L but has a displaced threshold; in other words, two ILS on same runway. This really confused me until I spent time looking at it.

Also, the best way to change the ILS information is not by editing the default BGL with the ILSEditor. Results will vary. Best way is to edit/modify the AFCAD if it is an add on or create one and use ADE to correct any problems with the ILS.  I do this often for the many missing DME facilities or DME no located correctly.  ADEv1.70 was released recently and it is P3Dv3 compliant, very easy to use and a very good price (free).

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi,

correction on Ray Smith scenery: there is plenty to choose from but I believe that Mark's scenery is newer (August 2015)

Thanks

Ray has one dated July 6, 2016.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

For example, see the current Aerosoft scenery (which is out of date)

Dan

What is out of date?

Dan

What is out of date?

I didn't load a scenario at the airport for this thread, instead I opened the manual and I assume the manual represents the scenery.  It is dated 2008, and there is little resemblance between ILS then and now.  It's possible (in fact considering it is Aerosoft highly likely) that the scenery is updated but not the manual. I also remember having fits trying to figure out what the ILS26L was because there is no runway 26L so I started looking at it and read the wiki article on the airport that gave me clues as to what 26L was about.

Dan Downs KCRP

Deleted by user.

I opened the manual and I assume the manual represents the scenery. It is dated 2008

Dan

Aerosoft issued an update in Sept 2013 but no new manual. Still 2008 manual.

Hi All,

I loaded the approach again this morning. When it first loaded the aircraft went uncontrollable into a steep climb to 21000' -no idea why-. However, I was more interested in the ILS frequency selection of the FMC and PFD display. If you look at the screenshots the frequency changed from IFWR with DME to 109.75 w/o DME and back. Mistery!!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/0MJR82

I could not get the speed and altitude under control after the uncontrollable climb, so I flew the missed approach. But what's with the frequency changes???? Also I thought EDDF has no DME. Does the DME come from the recently downloaded "Mark_Aldridge" EDDF scenery?

It's driving me nuts, since I don't have logical explanation.

Thanks

Brgds

Juergen Mader

The DME comes from the Mark Aldridge scenery. In the real world EDDF has DME. However, some scenery does not come with DME. Apparently the scenery you were using prior to Aldridge's scenery didn't and the Aerosoft that I use doesn't have DME.

You probably changed the frequency by selecting a different approach in the FMC - like switching from a Z25R ILS to an X or Y25R ILS. I don't use the 07L/25R runways, so I can't say for certain exactly what might be happening. Maybe you still have the old scenery installed along with Mark Aldridge's.

Hi Michael,

The pictures are from one and the same approach -no switching of approaches or manual frequency change. The ILS frequency in the PFD changed by itself.

Strange and a mystery!

Right now I am flying from EDDF to KMIA, same A/C, LH Cargo, so we will see if any anomalities occur.

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Deleted by user.

Dan

Aerosoft issued an update in Sept 2013 but no new manual. Still 2008 manual.

Bad assumption by me, sorry.

Dan Downs KCRP

I did a bit of "research" earlier today and what I found only adds to the conundrum.

The "AFCAD" for the Aerosoft EDDF Scenery(Ver 2.0.6) I installed in May lists one freq each for RWY 07L, 25R and RWY 07R, 25L.
My PMDG ARPT_RWY.dat file (dated 8/17/2016)  lists two ILS freqs (Y and Z) for RWY 07L and two ILS freqs (Y and Z) for RWY 25R.

The current Navigraph Lido charts for EDDF list two ILS freqs for RWY 07L (Y & Z)  and two ILS freqs for RWY 25R (Y and Z).
The ILS Z chart includes DME information. ILS Y chart does not.

The Navigraph SIDSTAR file for EDDF (both AIRAC 1608 and the current 1609,  includes three(3) ILS approachs (X, Y, and Z) for RWY 07L and the same for RWY 25R. The file also includes two(2) ILS approachs (X and Z) for RWY 07R and the same number for RWY 25L.  ALL of these are listed as ILS Rwy's in the FMC EDDF Dep/ARR pages.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Look at the different ILS for 7L, note that the two different idents/freqs have different glideslopes, one is 3.20 deg other is 3.00 deg.  Same for 25R.

The ARPT_RWY.dat file is basically just a cache to reduce load on VAS and it can be rebuilt each start up, or you can erase it and next start builds new.

Apparently the Aerosoft AFCAD omitts the 3.20 deg approaches, must have been recently added real world.

Dan Downs KCRP