Sign in to follow this  
sq024

TOD calculation

Hi Dave,

I have a question about the TOD calculation and found what I think is a bug.

Version 2.0.1.5, cycle 1609, route -EDDL/23L N0452F370 MODR1T MODRU Z283 SUMAS UZ283 RITAX UT27 GTQ UN852 BALSI BALS8C LFML/31R.

FL370, Plan GS 350, Descent rate 1500 FPM, TOD Dist 31.1 NM

In the plan the TOD is calculated between GIRKU and BALSI on airway UN852, this is much further away then the 31.1 NM mentioned in the top of the screen. What's the difference? I saw the response from Helge on my previous report but like to understand.

During descent I request a lower altitude and get a pop-up telling me "Minimum altitude restiction: Cruise altitude set to Minimum SID altitude at MODRU". As the message says MODRU is part of the SID and I'm flying the STAR.

Regards,

Rob

Rob,

When I validate the plan before entering the airways, it gives 141.5 NM for the TOD Distance.

After entering the SID and the Airways, it still says 141.5.

After entering the STAR and Validating, the distance goes down to 35.0 NM, as you reported.  This is the distance from the TOD to the first hard altitude restriction of Below FL290 at MTL44.  This actually moves the TOD Distance back a bit, but due to a bug, the distance is only showing the distance to the first restricted waypoint.

The actual TOD point is being calculated correctly, but the Distance was not always correct.

I've fixed the bug in the TOD Distance calculation so in the next update, this new TOD Distance will be 146.7 after adding the STAR and 175.5 after adding the Approach.

Thanks for following up with the example.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I understand. I don't let P2A determin my SID,STAR and Approach (switchd that off in Config) so I enter the complete plan before departure. Not realistic but helps to keep the different add-ons aligned.

I assume the pop-up was not correct.

Rob

Rob,

The pop up should only come up when you change your flight plan.  Did you change your flight plan?

If you want a lower altitude in flight, you should request it from ATC and they will assign the lowest safe altitude if the requested altitude is too low for the route of flight.

Regards,

Dave

Dave,

If you want a lower altitude in flight, you should request it from ATC and they will assign the lowest safe altitude if the requested altitude is too low for the route of flight.

That was what I did. While flying the STAR I requested the next altitude restriction in the arrival (this was before you explained the difference between "fly the xxxx Arrival" and "descend via the xxxx Arrival").

The pop-up referred to a waypoint in the SID.

Now with my current knowledge I know that I shouldn't ask for the lower altitude when instructed to "Fly the approach". You can leave it for now, If it happens again I will make a report.

Thanks for the support

Rob