Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Need VC Advice

Guest TELCO1

Hi,After years of flightsimming, I've finally dicovered the fun of using the VC. I currently fly the following aircraft;1) Aeroworx B2002) Dreamfleet B583) PMDG 737NG-700Flying the B200 and B58 from the VC is a pleasure for the graphics are great and most importantly, they're fully functional. The only panel I have showing on my second monitor now is my RXP GNS530 which is fitted to both aircraft.So I'm covered for the props as far as the VC goes.Now for the jet. I'm considering doing one of the following three things;1) Upgrade the 737 with 8/900 package to get the more fully functional VC. For those who have, I would be interested in knowing how much of an upgrade it really is. For example, is the Overhead Panel fully functional?2) Forget the 737 upgrade and buy the LDS-767? I was a long time PIC767 pilot, so I'm familiar with the aircraft. The VC screenshots on the LDS website look great. However, I've flown the 767 for so long that to me it seems like it would be more of the same, but obviously, greatly enhanced. I would get used the enhancements pretty fast.3) Go for the PMDG 747. This would be a new experience for me and I would like to have a longer range jet.I'm only going to purchase one of the three. Price isn't the factor, overall performance in VC mode is. Thanks in advance,Lawrie

Guest bobsk8

Having both versions of the PMDG, and the Level D, the Level D wins hands down, IMO. It is so realistic to fly, that you can't wait to take it up again. It is the only FS9 large jet aircraft, that I enjoy hand flying.

If you want the best and most immersive VC out there (well, not taking the Realair Spitfire into account)then nothing beats the PMDG 744. The Level-D is very good too but not quite in the same league. Level-D certainly has other virtues where it excels, but talking about VC then the Queen is the King.I might add that I'm using Track IR for flying in VC mode.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest TELCO1

>Having both versions of the PMDG, and the Level D, the Level>D wins hands down, IMO. It is so realistic to fly, that you>can't wait to take it up again. It is the only FS9 large jet>aircraft, that I enjoy hand flying. Hi Bob,Are you comparing the upgraded (8/900) to the Level D?Lawrie

Guest Paragon

I would say for VC immersion the PMDG Queen is the best out there, except for the spitfire. It also, amazingly enough, has better framerates than the LDS VC.

Guest TELCO1

>If you want the best and most immersive VC out there (well,>not taking the Realair Spitfire into account)then nothing>beats the PMDG 744. The Level-D is very good too but not quite>in the same league. Level-D certainly has other virtues where>it excels, but talking about VC then the Queen is the King.>>I might add that I'm using Track IR for flying in VC mode.I hear TrackIR is great. That's for another time though. Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm leaning towards the Queen at the moment.I've never had a payware 747 in the hanger and would like the range. I know there's no such thing as perfection and both the 747 and 767 have their strengths a weaknesses. Now that I enjoy flying via the VC, I'm looking for that balance between overall performance and functionality, especially where the VC is concerned.Lawrie

Guest A32X

Flying solely from the VC with the LDS 767 can be a real pain! A lot of switches/buttons just don't work. For example flying on VATSIM if you want to change your com frequency you'll have to call up the good old 2D panel, which sort of defeats the object

>So I'm covered for the props as far as the VC goes.>You're still not covered! :D The RealAir Simulations SF260 & Spitfire are mandentory VC birds!Very unique in smoothness of frame rates, fluid gauge rates, gauge clarity, the perfect illusion of airframe movement, and exceptional flight dynamics.L.Adamson

Guest bobsk8

>>Having both versions of the PMDG, and the Level D, the>Level>>D wins hands down, IMO. It is so realistic to fly, that you>>can't wait to take it up again. It is the only FS9 large jet>>aircraft, that I enjoy hand flying. >>Hi Bob,>>Are you comparing the upgraded (8/900) to the Level D?>>Lawrie>I sure am

Guest bobsk8

>Flying solely from the VC with the LDS 767 can be a real>pain! A lot of switches/buttons just don't work. For example>flying on VATSIM if you want to change your com frequency>you'll have to call up the good old 2D panel, which sort of>defeats the object

THAT IS AN AMAZING VIDEO, Thats just unbeleivable, I want your system LOL.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

you can't program the FMC from the VC and other examples I've forgotten. PMDGs NG and 744 both have fully functioning VCs which are outstanding. If Level D patched their 767 to make full VC functionality it would be right uptop there too on my list, but until then, PMDG hands down wins the battle

Guest TELCO1

Thanks for all the info guys. I think the 747 will be the one.Lawrie

>Thanks for all the info guys. I think the 747 will be the>one.Yes, nothing among airliners available for MSFS can beat PMDG 747's state of the art VC. If VC is your priority - the choice is ridiculously obvious ;)Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/747400.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg