Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Need VC Advice

Guest bobsk8

That is the only thing you can't do it the VC, and Frankly, I would rather push those small buttons in the 2D cockpit anyway. As far as flying quality, lack of bugs, and features the 767 is way ahead of the competition in my opinion.

Go and get one of Ariane's 737 Ngs with VCe. They have by far the best VC which is available for airliners in FS2004 at the moment.And in addition Ariane has some promotional sales going on at the moment. Their older VCe1 editiones (available for the 600, 700 and 900)are currently reduced by approx. 30 %. They are not as good as Ariane's VCe2 models but far better and fps friendlier as the VCs of their competitors.Wolfgang

Guest Knikolaes

I have to say that would be a VERY tough decision. All three are AWESOME aircraft and thus, as I could afford it, I bought them all and fly them all regularly. And all of them are BEAUTIFUL from the cockpit.If I HAD to pick an order due to budget and paychecks, I'd go PMDG747, LDS 767 (and to me they are the same -- both are bloody sweet) then get the upgrade to the NG. And I only say that because if you have one NG series already then getting the 747 or 767 would add aircraft style variety to your simming experience.If you get the LDS 767 - one great project to do with it is reenact the Leisure Intl flight from the ITVV movie :-) You can find the flight plans and files needed for that flight on AVSIM. Just search for "Leisure"Hope this helps.

Guest Knikolaes

OH I forgot to add . . . .About being covered as far as props go . . . You REALLY should give the Flight1 ATR consideration if you decide to expand your props again. She's a beauty and can be flown ENTIRELY from the VC -- EVER switch and function works from her VC except the FMC, which is VERY minor in detail to program in a window all it's own :-)

ATR - great aircraft, great artwork, great systems simulation by Dreamfleet. But VC gauges are bit too jerky for some solid IFR practice.Michael J.

Guest Knikolaes

Aye very true. It did take me a few hardware tweaks toget her smooth. My system is as it is now in my signature -- ATR finally runs as smooth as my girlfriends . . .erm . . . as smooth as a . . of forget it. it runs smooth now LOL.

I'm not going to debate PMDG VS LDS except to say the LDS already has 2 service packs behind them and it is one of the top add-ons ever. The PMDG is up there as well, and once they nail down the few issues it will be a masterpiece. You can't go wrong with either

They are all great aircraft but for me the 747 is marginally ahead beacuse the VC is fully functional and VNAV has the 'more drag' messages on the MCU.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

There is an airplane that does not seem to get much credits.. it is the Feelthere ERJ, it has a pretty good systems modeling, smooth gauges in the VC and the VC is 100% fully functional... I love the queen, but for short flights, IMO nothing beats the ERJRegardsJohn

Guest jgreth123

>There is an airplane that does not seem to get much credits..>it is the Feelthere ERJ, it has a pretty good systems>modeling, smooth gauges in the VC and the VC is 100% fully>functional... I love the queen, but for short flights, IMO>nothing beats the ERJ>Regards>JohnNot to put down the ERJ... but the VC leaves much to be desired.The overhead labels for knobs and switches are so blurry and out of focus, that they are nearly impossible to read.The switches and knobs themselves are even blurry.There is no dome lighting for the VC so if you fly at certain times of day, you cannot read ANYTHING on the PFD.The ERJ is ok, but nowhere in the same league as PMDG 747-400 / Level-D 767.To clarify about the Level-D, you cannot use the FMC from the VC, and you can not change your transponder code from the VC.Other than those two things, everything else is functional in the VC.

Guest Knikolaes

>>There is an airplane that does not seem to get much>credits..>>it is the Feelthere ERJ, it has a pretty good systems>>modeling, smooth gauges in the VC and the VC is 100% fully>>functional... I love the queen, but for short flights, IMO>>nothing beats the ERJ>>Regards>>John>>Not to put down the ERJ... but the VC leaves much to be>desired.>>The overhead labels for knobs and switches are so blurry and>out of focus, that they are nearly impossible to read.>>The switches and knobs themselves are even blurry.>>There is no dome lighting for the VC so if you fly at certain>times of day, you cannot read ANYTHING on the PFD.>>The ERJ is ok, but nowhere in the same league as PMDG 747-400>/ Level-D 767.>>>>To clarify about the Level-D, you cannot use the FMC from the>VC, and you can not change your transponder code from the VC.>>Other than those two things, everything else is functional in>the VC.Well you can pop up the FMC in the VC though and enter your info on it while still sitting in VC mode. As for the transponder, I can change mine in VC mode. At least I have before. Lemme load up my sim real quick and confirm that.As for the FMC though, on almost every single add-on out there with an FMC, most folks have to brink it up in a 2D popup anyway to be able to read it, unless they happen to have activecamera and thus be able to move around the VC to be able to see the FMC in the first place.Quite frankly I think that is such a small detail almost not even worth letting bother when it comes to an add-on that is so superios compared to others in it's class. PMDG and LDS are even, I think, in level of detail and functionality.Now . . . off to try that transponder . . . .

I have no issues with blurry textures in the VC, there is a way to improve this by tweaking the fs9.cfg, something about panel quality, could be video card related. I think there was a few posts in the feelthere forum about it. Yes the lighting in the VC can be improved, but I would not say that you cannot read anything... It is a matter of perception and opinion, you clearly have yours and I have mine.... end of story.John

Guest jgreth123

I'd definately agree that the Level-D rocks, I love it, but I am very true to life in that I will comment on even minor issues.Nowhere did I say that I disliked the plane, it's amazing :) I fly it quite often, but I haven't been able to change my transponder code in the VC, the digits don't have any click events. And the FMC is just a pet peeve of mine I guess. I like to stay in the VC because I have TrackIR + Vector. The captain of a plane doesn't have a pop-up FMC, so I like to do it like they would :) That's all.Let me know if you can change your transponder code, would be interested in knowing if something just went kinda wacko with my install. ( even though I've uninstalled and installed it a few times to try to fix a display oddity in the ND -- the range markers [ 5, 10, 20, etc ] are very dark colored and hard to read in my VC ).

Guest Knikolaes

K I just checked my LDS 767 -- I had absolutely no issues with the transponder in VC mode.<> LOL You and I must have ben typing at the same time. And I agree with the details bit. I just was like, "Woah, I thought mine worked", so I went and checked. LOL. Take care, friend.

Guest jgreth123

That's strange.Did you click the actual buttons or just click on the numbers in the display?