Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

FSL A320 now generally available

Hi...getting interested in buying this product...I run FSX on DX9 with a very stable system...anyone using the a320 with DX9 instead of DX10 and what will be the possible issued if I maintain DX9.

Tks.

Hi...getting interested in buying this product...I run FSX on DX9 with a very stable system...anyone using the a320 with DX9 instead of DX10 and what will be the possible issued if I maintain DX9.

Tks.

Running it as of this morning, FSX Steam and I regularly run into the VAS limit. Sliders now down to autogen normal and water 1x, the only way I can fly in OpenLC America and addon airports. 2048 cockpit textures. I could go lower but that sacrifices texture quality. I will recommend either DX10 and the fixer, or get the P3D version. If you add AI traffic or ships and ground traffic you will get OOM on every flight with addon airports. Sadly.

I began with DX9 on Thursday and like previous poster was very near to VAS limit and fps' were poor. I changed to DX10 on Sunday and immediately saw the difference. No problems wit VAS and despite fps still being slowish, the sim performs better, more fluently.

Petteri

• Upvote 2

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

thanks both for this...seems dx10 is the way to go with this bird then...

@petepawn: how did you go about installing the dx10 and modificiation to nvidia...was the process straight forward...since my last pc upgrade of about 4 years ago i have a good number of addon sceneries and am a bit skeptic if things start going awry...any advise on your process of installing dx10 fixer and settings in nvidia please.

Still exploring this bird, but I'm impressed with the system logic every time I take her up, even when I'm flying it just to check out a repaint.

See what I learned about the RAT and why it wouldn't stow after I landed:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/8237-rats/

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm running DX9 on FSX-SE and satisfied with my first couple of "training" flights.  This may change later when I fly into the most demanding airports I have, but for now I'm sticking with DX9.

If you have Steve's Fixer already it is best to use that. I do not, and why spend 30 dollars when I can use that money to the upgraded FSL Airbus for P3D price.

Same here. I do not own the fixer and will certainly not buy it because I have only installed FSX to hold me over until the P3D version of the FSL bus has been released. Then I will wipe this ancient piece of software right of HDD again...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I've DX10 fixer already, but I will probably ditch FSX again as soon as the P3D version is released.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I continue to say that an add-on this detailled deserves a custom treatment.

We can't have it all with 32 bit restrictions affecting such complex add-ons, so, for sight seeing in your preferred GA aircraft or helicopter, enable all of the bells & wistles, but for "professional" use of such a detailled add on as this A320 must be, set you scenery, autogen, textures, satellite programs to their lowest possible settings.

I would use it with nill autogen, no shadows at all, onlky 2D panels, no AI, just the really necessary airport add-ons - preferably none....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

After some testing back and forth I finally opted for the 2D cockpit *AND* the VC, but in 1.024 textures only.

Made FSX-SE my secondary flightsim installation and put all my existing Western Europe photoscenery in there, as a playground for the A320-X. (No autogen, no ground shadows, a modicum of AI traffic and the like).

Some 'permanent' popups for one MCDU, for the switching panel, and the SD on a 2nd monitor; the rest of the panels I work by cycling through the predefined VC views.

VAS OK, fps OK, works a treat ...

(DX10 mode for my FSX-SE; not a single addon in there which would require the fixer. And my FSX-SE was only 5 bucks during a Steam sale. Existing ASN, FDC and RadarContact do not care which sim I am using, so the whole "Airbus biotope" had a total cost of 5(!) bucks only.)

Whilst I appreciate that these complex aircraft take up a fair amount of VAS, there is no way that I would be flying anything with zero autogen, detail sliders to the left, and no AI planes. Landing and taking off from major airports that are completely deserted? No, thanks.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Whilst I appreciate that these complex aircraft take up a fair amount of VAS, there is no way that I would be flying anything with zero autogen, detail sliders to the left, and no AI planes. Landing and taking off from major airports that are completely deserted? No, thanks.

Nor is that necessary to enjoy this aircraft. I'm running FSX-SE on a mid-level machine (i5-2500K at 4.4, 980GTX) and am able to enjoy a smooth experience with autogen at sparse, scenery complexity at mid-point, and light settings for commercial AI. This is with ORBX Global and Vector, AS16/ASCA, and payware airports. I found Matt Davies' settings video for this aircraft quite useful but dialed back some of his recommended settings.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I would need the P3D version (assuming that I decided it was worth the cost for my style of flying) to work at maximum autogen and detail settings, and UT2 AI planes @ 100% (which the PMDG 737NGX can handle just fine on my PC if I disable those areas of scenery that I do not require for a particular flight). When I say "maximum autogen", I am referring to ES Treescapes custom autogen on photoscenery. LOD Radius is set to high (4.5), tessellation is set to medium, and all other detail settings are at maximum. I run P3D with 4xMSAA, 4xSGSS, and 16xAF @ 1920x1080 resolution.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png