Sign in to follow this  
Jude Bradley

FSL A320 now generally available

For a comparison:

The same A320-X installation (2D and VC, 1.024 bit) into my main FSX-MS in DX9 mode, with VFR Germany (PS and autogen), two addon airports (EDNY to EDDT, the older version), AI traffic (MT6 at 20%/20%), real weather (native FSX wx) resulted in 3.6 to 3.9 GB VAS usage, and "mediocre" fps (around 20 fps, but the A320-X is smooth, similar to the PMDG B777).

That was with "medium" graphics settings. It seems possible to me that, with a bit of finetuning, I could get consistent 20+ fps and a slightly bigger safety margin in VAS.

Just to reiterate, that was in DX9 mode "only".

Just completed my first flight from Taxi2Gate EDDM to Aerosoft EDDF v2 on FSX:SE in DX9 at a resolution of 5910x1080 (triple monitors). All this with medium settings. FPS almost never dropped below 20. Even at EDDF I get 25-30 fps. Smoothness is ok (I'm spoiled because in P3D I get a constant 30+ even in the PMDG birds). Free VAS at the gate at EDDF was 600 Mb. However, this is with only the default AI at 10% (so basically no AI) but with ASN. The level of fidelity and immersion is really awesome. Can't wait to fly her in P3D...

PS: I'm running a 4770K@4.6GHz and a GTX1070.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

would you say that if I'm able to fly with my current settings with the PMDG 777 perfect fine and without any problems, then the FSL A320 is nearly the same (FPS and VAS)?

Philipp Schwaegerl

would you say that if I'm able to fly with my current settings with the PMDG 777 perfect fine and without any problems, then the FSL A320 is nearly the same (FPS and VAS)?

Unfortunately, I don't know as I only own the PMDG planes for P3D. No FSX versions to compare...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Does the secondary flightplan function work?? And the step climbs?

Not yet.  Planned for a patch, they have it coded but not working to their standard so they left it out for now.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Does the A320 is realistic addon ? Many simulated Systems ? Sound  is good ? VNAV/LNAV and fmwork fine ?  

I mean before spend 100 dollars i want to be sure the other customers are happy with him...  :wink:  i often fly the dash pro version so i want a complex addon similar to it if y pay 100 dollars.

Of course it is. It's one of the highest level simulations to date, if not the highest.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I mostly agree. But you have to watch out using the autopilot on final approach. In combination with ActiveSky(Next) it occurs sometimes that the AP's behaviour is erratic. I see sometimes a sudden hard pitch down on approach when winds change.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

As mentioned already, a few "medium-depth features" are still being fine-tuned internally and still have to be released in a servicepack - secondary flightplan, winds per waypoint and offsets, for example.

But the overall system depth is amazing and so is the feel and the character of the airplane. It seems to me that in terms of systems and immersion factor the PMDG B777 has been exceeded.

• Upvote 1