Sign in to follow this  

Fs9 Flight Planner

Guest franksalot

I've recently started to use the Fs9 Flight Planner again, mainly in order to use the full ATC service. Just wondering how, or if, the Navdata is updated to the FP; the Routes produced always seem fairly close to those produced by other Utilities I have, minus Sids/Stars.KenSomerset, England

Guest franksalot

Ooops! how did my thread get back here and falling fast, so quickly?Doesn't anyone have an answer, we have the best brains in the world in these forums. Or maybe there isn't an answer. :)Ken

Guest franksalot

Hi Tom,Thanks for your reply, it is the answer I feared. Never mind, flight plans can initiated by such magnificent programs as FSBuild and FSNavigator and exported to fs9,I have both of them. I aked the question out of curiosity really.Often seemingly daft questions result in some very helpful replies. I've found that flight simming is amazing, there is no end to the knowledge that can be unearthed; not too much this time :)KenSomerset, England

Ken,I notice you are using the default ATC in FS9. Are you aware of, or have you ever considered, Radar Contact? Version 4 is only a few weeks away from release. It leaves the default ATC standing.Steep learning curve but that brings its own rewards. :-) Click on the link below for all the info. And just for you there are plenty of British voice sets in v4.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

as stated the navdata in MSFS is static (as is all planners unless updated). However, Jepp's own comments (via their learning series) indicated that only about .75% to 1% change occurs anually. With that in mind it has never surprised me that MSFS planning and the others third party programs are fairly close. I own most of the addon ones but feel that the MSFS plan program has received undue bashing.It is really not that bad at all, things that would be nice to see improved?SID/STARlarger map screenmore flexable user interface

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest franksalot

Hi Mike, that's the perfect answer to my query; seems you and I are on the same 'wavelength' :)Thank you for your reply.Ken

Correct.A complete airspace overhaul in any region is exceedingly rare. The only one I can recall was Switzerland last year or 2003 where the entire airspace structure was changed.All new airways and waypoints were introduced.Changes to SIDs and STARs are far more common, as those are closely related to airport operations and those change to account for changes in traffic density at airports, new and closed runways, new local environmental regulations, etc.But those changes don't usually include adding or removing waypoints, instead rerouting traffic along different existing waypoints or changing speed and altitude restrictions (which aren't part of an FS flightplan).What I'd like to see added in the default planner is an option to add waypoints by hand by typing in the waypoint name or coordinates (instead of having to drag the flightpath over it), and an option to set altitude and speed restrictions for specific waypoints and have those appear in my flightplan (this could also be used to set default restrictions for example for flights in mountainous regions where you could thus force the route over a ridge).