Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Trim button disconnects CMD A

The trim button disconnects CMD A, yet I can't see any assignments under the controls., in the p3d control settings.

It has only just started doing this, but I am not sure why? Is this something I'm doing wrong with the NGX, or p3d?

Many thanks

Jools

Yeah, something wrong.  Don't use the trim with A/P engaged, doing so will disengage it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is this something I'm doing wrong with the NGX, or p3d?

Why are you trying to trim with the AP on?

Kyle Rodgers

That's correct behaviour.   As Kyle said, you'd never under any circumstances use the trim switches with the AP engaged.  Even use of the 737's CWS mode doesn't involve use of the trim switches.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Clarification: You can't use the elevator trim without disconnecting the A/P. You shall not use aileron trim with the A/P engaged. You can use rudder trim with the A/P engaged.

Matt Cee

Clarification: You can't use the elevator trim without disconnecting the A/P. You shall not use aileron trim with the A/P engaged. You can use rudder trim with the A/P engaged.

Thank you yes I realised, in the shower the obvious answer to this.  After a good nights sleep, it seems obvious now.

I was just practicing circuits and tracking the 112.15 VOR at EGJJ. I was doing things different to normal.

The A/T stays on which was probably what I was mixing up to the CMD.