Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

ORBX made this a bad day for JustSim and Aerosoft

Further to posts #13 and #14 by Christopher and Erich, the details appear to be under the heading "Compatibility" in Jarrad's announcement accessible via the link in Jim's post #7.

Yup, that one

Not sure I completely understand the edit, the ADX link had all of the pictures and a source link to the ORBX page. As some members here have expressed that they dont have access to the ORBX forums, the ADX link provides all of the information and a link directly to the page if one desires. Regardless, it is your forum so do as you wish.

It's one of our competitor's site. That's all and it has a bunch of stuff on it that has nothing to do with your OP (Orbx).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's one of our competitor's site. That's all and it has a bunch of stuff on it that has nothing to do with your OP (Orbx).

Fair enough, I guess the language "several advertisements that have absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the Orbx release" just made me a bit uneasy that I had done something wrong. Didnt know you guys considered it a competitor. My apologies. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

nevermind.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Has anyone seen screenshots of the actual terminal, yet? Or, are Orbx holding back to preserve sales of the other guys products?

Its a shame that p3d is not 64bit.

Imagine what Orbx could create more realistic addons with 64bit...

Just would like to see a picture of something created by a 64-bit application to compare to what we have now with ORBX/P3Dv3, etc. Please post.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I think what he means by that is with 64bit, you have don't have the 4GB limitation. Therefor you can create higher quality textures, more objects, and etc. Basically you have more flexibility, options and more room to work with.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I think what he means by that is with 64bit, you have don't have the 4GB limitation. Therefor you can create higher quality textures, more objects, and etc. Basically you have more flexibility, options and more room to work with.

Yup, I know, but the post says that there are more realistic add-ons if made for 64-bits. Just want to see them or it's just a speculation?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Thank you,

Yup, I know, but the post says that there are more realistic add-ons if made for 64-bits. Just want to see them or it's just a speculation?.

Cheers, Ed

Nope I didnt said that.

I just said, that its sad that p3d is not 64 bit. thats all.

Was just about to get Justsims LOWI when i stumbeled across the ORBX version. The only reason why i coose ORBX are the chopper spots and the Zugspitze. Made a cool gopro vid of a 360 in FL130 around it 2 years ago in the real world :)

Justsim is a great dev studio btw. Have lots of good sceneries. If ORBX LOWI ears up performance, then Justsim will be mine!

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hands down, Jarrad is the best scenery designer in the business today.

• Upvote 1

Thank you,

Nope I didnt said that.

I just said, that its sad that p3d is not 64 bit. thats all.

X-Plane is, enjoy it!

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Even though X-Plane is 64bit, it lacks a lot of things that P3D and FSX has. The planes in X-Plane are not high quality like PMDG, Aerosoft or FSLabs. Since I fly mostly tubelines, that is very important to me. I have both sims installed and I keep finding myself going back to P3D even though I have to deal with OOM it's just overal, a better sim. Until X-Plane has higher quality scenery and planes, I'll stick to P3D.

I really enjoy ORBX add-ons, the level of detail and eye candy is amazing. One thing I like about ORBX add-ons is you can adjust the scenery and enabling/disabling stuff, so for those with high end machines can enjoy all the eye candy while low end machines can be able to run it as well. It's nice that they gave us that option. Now if P3D was 64bit, I'm sure we would get much more eye candy. That's what I'm wishing for.

Especially with the their YMML add-on. It's extremely resource intensive when running with the default options. I had to go in there and disable quite a lot of things to make my sim run smooth.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Having more vas doesn't mean the sim will run any better when loaded up with 4k textures and heavy cloud cover, etc. Look at X-plane and the instances where it can be made to struggle even though it is x64. And there are lots of videos on the tube. Minus the OOM at 4Gb, I doubt XPX would run much better than FSX, if it were loaded up with Orbx scenery, a top flight tube liner, and a working real world weather add on. It would look pretty, but I think XPX would still struggle with blurries and stutters. Why else, do you think LM have been working for the past 3 years on streamlining P3D?

as always, just my .02c.

• Upvote 1