Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

ORBX made this a bad day for JustSim and Aerosoft

The planes in X-Plane are not high quality like PMDG

Except for that PMDG one in X-Plane, I guess? :smile:

The great thing about choice is that there's something for everyone. The primary reason why I keep both XP and at least one of the MSFS-based sims around is because I love messing around with different aircraft and helicopters, and having both sims gives me a *very* wide selection.  There's certain offerings in X-Plane that can't be matched in MSFS based sims, and the same goes the other way around.

Look at X-plane and the instances where it can be made to struggle even though it is x64. And there are lots of videos on the tube. Minus the OOM at 4Gb, I doubt XPX would run much better than FSX, if it were loaded up with Orbx scenery, a top flight tube liner, and a working real world weather add on. It would look pretty, but I think XPX would still struggle with blurries and stutters.

You are very correct. X-Plane does struggle significantly when you load it up with all of the settings maxed out, heavy weather, with dense OSM scenery and a top shelf aircraft - not many (any?) computers are capable of running it it at that point. I don't think 64 bit is any sort of a magic bullet.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Looks nice but what a frame rate and VAS nightmare when running the NGX or FSL A320.

Not sure about the FSL A320, as i do not have it (at least not yet), but judging from Jarrad Marshall's previous releases for ORBX so far, i am very confident that the NGX will certainly find its way around LOWI without running into a slideshow and/or causing an OOM.

Sure, settings may have to be chosen a bit carefully, but sure not as carefully to significantly reduce the immersion of flying into/towards this stunning looking scenery here.

Only my two cents though.

:smile:

Flugwerk plans to bring Austria HD West end of this month. The wide photo scenery coverage of ORBX is not necessarily required for those users. At the end it comes to the modelling of the airport itself, and we have to decide between Jarrad's (Orbx), Justsim's and Gianni's (Aerosoft) work (when released).

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

It's somewhat unfortunate for the developers that three of them have released (or are about to release) detailed scenery packages of the same airport and surroundings.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's somewhat unfortunate for the developers that three of them have released (or are about to release) detailed scenery packages of the same airport and surroundings.

Truly like buses

Well,

That happened with Heathrow and Zürich as well... It's ok! More choice...

VAS makes the choice for many.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Its a shame that p3d is not 64bit.

Imagine what Orbx could create more realistic addons with 64bit...

Yeah, but then again you would need the hardware to run all those high resolution textures in the sim without slide show. The available consumer hardware is just not ready yet. Look at 64bit X-Plane: the textures still look not more real than what we have in FSX/P3D. That said, 64 bit will help to avoid OOMs when you are at the edge, but it will take some years until you can make use of it as the hardware needs to develop as well.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

This does look amazing, any idea of when it will be available? I plan to get this and also Global openLC  Europe.

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I think JustSim is making a bad week for ORBX and AS instead!. Their Innsbruck is way excellent and it's released, not in a project!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I think JustSim is making a bad week for ORBX and AS instead!. Their Innsbruck is way excellent and it's released, not in a project!.

Cheers, Ed

Well considering this was announced just hours after JustSim did a surprise announcement of their release, this will surely drive a good amount of their potential customers to wait for the ORBX version instead. The JustSim version looks acceptable, but doesnt hold a light to the ORBX version. 

This does look amazing, any idea of when it will be available? I plan to get this and also Global openLC  Europe.

According to reports, it is due out within a month or so. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Looks it will be and already is a very long month :wink:

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

Well with the store banning Paypal I will not be buying.

Harry Woodrow

OOM on landing will be fun. Can't wait to see those threads popping up. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Guest Mik75

No Paypal, no buy... ;-)