Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

ORBX made this a bad day for JustSim and Aerosoft

Guest Mik75

So you never buy airline tickets or other goods or services online because they don't accept PayPal? Makes absolutely no sense.

Makes perfect sense to me, and fits perfectly the way they do treat customers sometimes. You might not believe it, but I don't even have a credit card!

To be honest, with X-Plane being my main sim, I get even better scenery, fitting my needs and hardware, for zero! Just saying... ;-)

Their whole business model and client interaction, and the fact that Lockheed Martin, who is providing the platform, is a major armament concern, makes it hard for me to spend money on that sim and developer anyways.

But that is only my personal opinion.

So you never buy airline tickets or other goods or services online because they don't accept PayPal? Makes absolutely no sense.

There is a world out there, where you can buy airline tickets and other stuff you find online, in stores. Especially in europa this is a common method to get those stuff!

The customer is always right and ORBX is learing this lesson the hard way.

They lost me as a customer a long time ago and I don't miss it!

Philipp Schwaegerl

Guest Mik75

There is a world out there, where you can buy airline tickets and other stuff you find online, in stores. Especially in europa this is a common method to get those stuff!

I am completely with you, that's it for me with ORBX/FTX/REX. As a customer you do have the choice! ;-)

I bought germany from them apparently a few minutes before the change.

It was to be the first of my set of 4 things from them this sale.  The rest were to be north and south Island New Zealand and Milford Sound.  

I only use paypal at the moment as I am overseas and it is the only way I can pay in Australia to them with no added charges which can be high.  I will not be completing this set now and am reconsidering which sim to be my main one.  I came close to this decision a while ago but reconsidered when they changed their mind so quickly.

I want Orbyx to succeed as without them all the products will stop working.  I hope they do not.

Harry Woodrow

It seems that most of you are not even considering the possibility that Orbx was someway forced to make this decision because of some serious troubles they may have encountered with the Paypal system. Suppressing a payment method is not something a business does without a good reason. Obviously, there is a serious risk of losing customers or leave many of them angry. This is why developers normally strive to offer as many payment methods as possible to boost sales, even at the price of high fees. I don't think the guys at Orbx are unaware of the implications of such a decision and I guess that they did not make it light-heartedly.

In my opinion, Orbx support is questionable under several aspects, but I don't think they suppressed Paypal just for fun or to punish a part of their customers. Time will tell.

It seems PayPal are at fault, not orbx.

From JV himself.

Hello everyone,

I'll keep this as brief as possible. Firstly, my sincere apologies for removing PayPal as a payment option for now, but we had no choice as you will see below. I am on the phone to PayPal daily and working with them to resolve the situation. I am sure Orbx is not the first business in the world to face this problem but their timing could not be worse, right after our store opening and during a sale. We're as outraged as you all are, that much I can promise you.

I love using PayPal myself, have done for years. It's quick, convenient and secure. It's also the first time we have been on the other side of the fence as a merchant.

So here is the facts, although as you can understand there are delicate confidential business discussions taking place which would be foolish for me to disclosure until the matter is settled.

On November 29th PayPal informed me our account was under review and limited.

This limitation was restricted to Orbx not being allowed to close our PP account. Not a problem for us

The reason cited was the sudden huge increase in $ and transaction volume since our store opened

PP requested company documentation to clarify what business we are in - this was provided immediately

We heard nothing more about the matter, but I thought this would be a formality and the limitation lifted

On December 6th PP informed me our account was further limited

This time we were unable to move any money out of our merchant account, effectively freezing our funds

Extensive further documentation was requested and immediately provided

I called PP every two days expecting the review to be concluded.

Meantime the merchant account balance was growing; I normally do a transfer each Monday

When the merchant account balance grew to six figures and with no resolution in sight, I made the decision to stop all PP payments

We now have a substantial amount of our income held by PP until this review is concluded

We have no promise this money will be released

We have no choice then, but to protect both the interests of Orbx and its developers to ensure they are paid for their hard work

If we fail to resolve the issue then many customers would have 'bought' and effectively gotten free products

We will continue to call PP daily, as I have just done. I have been requested more documentation today which I provided. I hope, along with all our staff and of course you as customers, that PP can complete this review and allow us the confidence to use their service again.

We did not feel it was appropriate to reveal this information to you yesterday because it is business confidential and frankly, we're not obliged to tell you. But after waking up to the furore on the forums this morning, and the rampant conjecture that has been going on at many forums, I thought I would reveal as much as I can without actually risking jeopardising the PP account review.

So .... it appears some people like to think Orbx is doing its best to push customers away with V2 migration, OrbxDirect, FTXCv3 and now this PayPal situation. The truth is that we have had a vision for some years to make the way our customers interact, purchase and maintain our software the simplest and easiest on the market. Sure, there have been bumps in the road. Sure, there are bugs outstanding. But Rome was not built in a day and I believe we are heading in the right direction. We have closed over 2,000 Zendesk tickets since the store opened. We have hired two permanent support staff to deal with issues. Ben is working some very long hours on coding and other tasks. We feel your pain, but we know most issues will be resolved eventually.

Orbx is not going anywhere soon. We have a lot of very exciting plans for 2017 and beyond. Plans that move us beyond just FSX/P3D and into some of the most ambitious projects we have ever conceived. We are spending many hundreds of thousands of dollars on R&D in 2017 and this is without any guarantee of success. But where there is no risk there is no reward. So watch this space!

Allow me again to apologise for a situation that was NOT in our control, not planned, nor desired. I hope to have it end in a positive outcome as soon as possible but the matter is not in my hands.

Thanks for your continued loyalty to Orbx products and your support in 2016, I hope you will give us the chance to grow into new ventures in 2017 and come along for the journey ...

A great festive season to all of you!

Regards,

JV

I don't think they suppressed Paypal just for fun or to punish a part of their customers.

Of course they didn't.

For those who want to detailed explanation as to this issues Orbx are facing with PayPay then read John Venema's post of the FTX forum. ***

I'm sure this won't be enough for some people though.

***Or read the above copy and paste from Jessica :smile:

The explanation provided by JV makes full sense to me. I had myself my Paypal account temporarily suspended after a rejected transaction (the buyer wanted me to use another channel). It tooks months and a lot of documentation before I had it reinstated. I use Paypal a lot (not for Orbx, though) and I can't say i don't like it, but based on my experience their support is a nightmare.

On a different note, Orbx is experimenting the same frustration some us feel when we post an issue in their forum and get a rude answer or get the topic closed with the promise the issue will be escalated to the developer, obviously without any further notice. I hope they will learn something from this.

Well now Paypal popped up in this thread now after closing the other one!  :rolleyes:  No Paypal no sale!  There I did it too. :Whistle:  

Actually the customer is NOT always right....just ask Steve Jobs.  The customer wanted a keyboard on a phone, he said I don't think so and today you can't find one with it.  I personally think ORBX will lose very little sales on this...yes people are upset now but they will be drooling over Innsbruck when it is released an capitulate.  This is a very limited market for high quality addons.  Sure they may lose some sales but very little (<5%) in my opinion.

It seems PayPal are at fault, not orbx.

From JV himself.

Hello everyone,

I'll keep this as brief as possible. Firstly, my sincere apologies for removing PayPal as a payment option for now, but we had no choice as you will see below. I am on the phone to PayPal daily and working with them to resolve the situation. I am sure Orbx is not the first business in the world to face this problem but their timing could not be worse, right after our store opening and during a sale. We're as outraged as you all are, that much I can promise you.

I love using PayPal myself, have done for years. It's quick, convenient and secure. It's also the first time we have been on the other side of the fence as a merchant.

So here is the facts, although as you can understand there are delicate confidential business discussions taking place which would be foolish for me to disclosure until the matter is settled.

On November 29th PayPal informed me our account was under review and limited.

This limitation was restricted to Orbx not being allowed to close our PP account. Not a problem for us

The reason cited was the sudden huge increase in $ and transaction volume since our store opened

PP requested company documentation to clarify what business we are in - this was provided immediately

We heard nothing more about the matter, but I thought this would be a formality and the limitation lifted

On December 6th PP informed me our account was further limited

This time we were unable to move any money out of our merchant account, effectively freezing our funds

Extensive further documentation was requested and immediately provided

I called PP every two days expecting the review to be concluded.

Meantime the merchant account balance was growing; I normally do a transfer each Monday

When the merchant account balance grew to six figures and with no resolution in sight, I made the decision to stop all PP payments

We now have a substantial amount of our income held by PP until this review is concluded

We have no promise this money will be released

We have no choice then, but to protect both the interests of Orbx and its developers to ensure they are paid for their hard work

If we fail to resolve the issue then many customers would have 'bought' and effectively gotten free products

We will continue to call PP daily, as I have just done. I have been requested more documentation today which I provided. I hope, along with all our staff and of course you as customers, that PP can complete this review and allow us the confidence to use their service again.

We did not feel it was appropriate to reveal this information to you yesterday because it is business confidential and frankly, we're not obliged to tell you. But after waking up to the furore on the forums this morning, and the rampant conjecture that has been going on at many forums, I thought I would reveal as much as I can without actually risking jeopardising the PP account review.

So .... it appears some people like to think Orbx is doing its best to push customers away with V2 migration, OrbxDirect, FTXCv3 and now this PayPal situation. The truth is that we have had a vision for some years to make the way our customers interact, purchase and maintain our software the simplest and easiest on the market. Sure, there have been bumps in the road. Sure, there are bugs outstanding. But Rome was not built in a day and I believe we are heading in the right direction. We have closed over 2,000 Zendesk tickets since the store opened. We have hired two permanent support staff to deal with issues. Ben is working some very long hours on coding and other tasks. We feel your pain, but we know most issues will be resolved eventually.

Orbx is not going anywhere soon. We have a lot of very exciting plans for 2017 and beyond. Plans that move us beyond just FSX/P3D and into some of the most ambitious projects we have ever conceived. We are spending many hundreds of thousands of dollars on R&D in 2017 and this is without any guarantee of success. But where there is no risk there is no reward. So watch this space!

Allow me again to apologise for a situation that was NOT in our control, not planned, nor desired. I hope to have it end in a positive outcome as soon as possible but the matter is not in my hands.

Thanks for your continued loyalty to Orbx products and your support in 2016, I hope you will give us the chance to grow into new ventures in 2017 and come along for the journey ...

A great festive season to all of you!

Regards,

JV

Its always in the communication....ORBX did a terrible job of getting out ahead of the story and all they needed to do was post something similar to the above and say "temporarily we are halting PP payments pending PP review of our account".  Lesson learned.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

No Paypal, no buy... ;-)

Sing that to the melody of Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry and you may have a hit! ;)

No Paypal, no buy

No Paypal, no buy

O little simmer', don't shed no tears;

No Paypal, no buy

Said, said, said, I remember when we used to fly

Above the scenery of Orbx...

Guest Mik75

Sing that to the melody of Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry and you may have a hit! ;)

No Paypal, no buy

No Paypal, no buy

No Paypal, no buy

Yeah!

And to the melody of "Keep yourself alive" by Queen:

Get yourself a life, get yourself a liiiiiife,

all you simmers,

get yourself a life!

;-)

No Paypal, no buy

No Paypal, no buy

No Paypal, no buy

Yes my Youte!

Buss di tune bredren.  XD