Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

ORBX made this a bad day for JustSim and Aerosoft

I may have to thank them for not taking paypal.

For the last few days I was trying to use my credit card to buy $230 worth of Orby addons but my bank blocks it because of the overseas sales (got me why on that). If they had left an alternative at say another online business I would have bought from them. I did submit a friendly ticket but they did not reply.

Since this is the only time of year I get enough time off to really sim I have to move on things quickly since installing usually takes jumping through a few hoops = many hours of configs.

Any hoo - tired of waiting tonight I went ahead and made the X-plane jump (10 and 11 for the price of one) and bought the amazing looking PMDG DC-6 I have watched for so long. Very exciting.

BTW while Orbx/bank declined my card Xplane and PMDG took it right away....just saying :)

Ehh I would be flying Orby land right now but ran out of options. I do understand the reasons for sure they had Paypal problems. Just wish they had left me another purchase option.....or maybe I don't :) will see after the Xplane install finishes but PMDG J41 is my fav of favorites so doubt I will be disappointed.

Rob

"Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it"

So the other thread got locked and you guys want to come here and pollute this thread with more of the "No Paypal No Orbx" foolishness? We get it, you dont want to use ORBX anymore. So go to non-orbx threads! 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I may have to thank them for not taking paypal.

For the last few days I was trying to use my credit card to buy $230 worth of Orby addons but my bank blocks it because of the overseas sales (got me why on that). If they had left an alternative at say another online business I would have bought from them. I did submit a friendly ticket but they did not reply.

Since this is the only time of year I get enough time off to really sim I have to move on things quickly since installing usually takes jumping through a few hoops = many hours of configs.

Any hoo - tired of waiting tonight I went ahead and made the X-plane jump (10 and 11 for the price of one) and bought the amazing looking PMDG DC-6 I have watched for so long. Very exciting.

BTW while Orbx/bank declined my card Xplane and PMDG took it right away....just saying :)

Ehh I would be flying Orby land right now but ran out of options. I do understand the reasons for sure they had Paypal problems. Just wish they had left me another purchase option.....or maybe I don't :) will see after the Xplane install finishes but PMDG J41 is my fav of favorites so doubt I will be disappointed.

Well, they had given you other options.. lots of them. It's not their fault you don't like any of them, but hey at least you got a happy result anyway

I will mail them cash to the UK. Smartest thing I've done in 2016.

Yes... mailing cash.... real smart...